Financial Security Compliance Officer (Sanctions Advisory)
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
- Direct contribution to the Bank's operational permanent control framework.
- Keep updated on OFAC's country sanction programs implemented pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA), Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability and Divestment Act (CISADA), the Iran Transactions Regulations (ITR), Cuba Asset Control Regulations (CACR), Sudanese Sanctions Regulations (SSR) and other OFAC country sanction laws and regulations.
- Keep updated on OFAC's list-based sanction programs targeting activities such as Narcotics Trafficking, Terrorism, Non-Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction, and Transnational Criminal Organizations.
- Keep updated on EU and local sanctions measures and applications.
- Keep updated on developments on sanctions, embargoes and related Sanctions laws and regulations as well as group policies and procedures.
- Provide AML and sanctions advisory to business lines and functions.
- Perform Level 3 SHINE alert control clearance process and all related matters in accordance with policies and procedures, including without limitation:
- review and analyze transaction alerts escalated by Level 2;
- conduct appropriate enhanced due diligence and ensure proper clearance of such transaction alerts in accordance with prevailing AML & sanctions regulations and policies; and
- Ensure proper escalation of transaction alerts to Country and/or Regional Compliance where appropriate.
- Provide advisory support on Level 3 SHINE framework and all related matters.
- Implement sanctions monitoring standards in line with Head office and Regional policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Perform second level controls on all alerts cleared by Level 2 SHINE.
- Coordinate and assist in the blacklists management process and dashboard reporting.
- Manage and coordinate all queries and matters related to SHINE alerts process.
- Coordinate and assist in the testing, implementation and maintenance of related AML tools and systems.
- Ensure efficient framework for the identification and clearance of sanction alerts.
- Provide appropriate training to new joiners, businesses and functions to enhance AML and sanctions risk awareness.
- Coordinate and participate in ad hoc projects, risk assessment and audit / regulatory inspections.
- Generally provide support to the Head of Financial Security/KYC, SEA.
- At least 5 years of working experience with 3 years of relevant AML & Sanctions Compliance experience. Candidates with lesser experience may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Good general knowledge of the international financial sanctions laws and regulations in an international financial institution or a regulatory body in Asia Pacific is preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- An ability to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Must evidence an attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning nature.
- Ideally be flexible and have a hands-on in work style, with the ability to work independently to carry out projects.
- Ideally be familiar with navigating the operational tools which support Sanctions Compliance controls.
- Ability to maintain high quality in a risk intensive environment.
- A good team player
Specific Qualifications Required
- Knowledge of SWIFT messaging and key screening tools is mandatory.
- Demonstrate cross-line of business knowledge of banking systems and products.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution (e.g. ICA or ACAMS).
- Proficiency in English is a must.