Financial Institutions Risk Management - Credit Officer - Vice President
Credit Officer to focus on handling increasing requests / new names added on in the HK sub from China parented and resultant credit work in Greater China Portfolio. Products include loans, derivative and other capital markets products, trade finance, clearing and settlement of cash and securities. Credit Officer responsible for managing a portion of the regional Financial Institutions portfolio. Key Responsibilities:
- Understand clearly the risks in proposed transactions, structure them to mitigate risks and approve within the delegated authority.
- Establish and leverage cross-functional partnerships and network with key internal and external constituencies; Work closely with Relationship Managers, Traders / Salespeople and other stakeholders to structure transactions, provide leadership in negotiation of documentation such as ISDA's, loan agreements, etc for counterparties within their remit. Review and provide input in developing acceptable standard terms for these agreements.
- Provide guidance, training and leadership to credit analysts who perform the annual reviews and other portfolio management exercise.
- Manage the portfolio through active counterparty and product stress testing.
- Be fully involved in enhancing the risk / return of specific transactions and the portfolio as a whole.
- Stay very well informed of industry, product and macro economic developments in order to properly position the portfolio. Meet with the clients' senior management to deepen their understanding of the company and the industry developments.
- Be fully responsible for risk management of all activities related to her assigned portfolio.
- Prepare risk management presentations for senior management that include analytics on expected portfolio performance and areas of potential risk and/or opportunity
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Candidate should have 6-10 years of financial institutions credit or related experience.
- Strong knowledge of derivatives / capital market products, ISDA / other trading agreements and loan agreements.
- Strong capital markets experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to decompose transactions into the core risks. Good quantitative skills a plus.
- Solid Risk and Business judgment on the full spectrum of risk issues including Operational and Franchise Risk.
- Detail oriented and able to perform well under stress time.
- Mandarin proficiency strongly preferred
- Graduate degree in Business, Finance or Economics or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrate integrity and sound/independent credit judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self starter
Job Family Group:
- Develop framework for portfolio risk assessment including evaluation of credit and financial performance across varied lending products and industry segments
- Understand applicable credit policies, industry regulations and the requisite impact of those governance items to prospective new partners or product initiatives
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting