Financial Crime Compliance, Know-Your-Client Compliance Officer, Analyst/Associate, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") in the Compliance division is responsible for coordinating Goldman Sachs' enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering ("AML")/Bank Secrecy Act, anti-bribery, government sanctions, and anti-boycott compliance efforts. FCC also provides AML-related services to Goldman Sachs subsidiaries worldwide. These services include: developing and implementing policies and procedures; performing customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence; screening against Office of Foreign Asset Control ("OFAC") and other government sanctions lists; conducting automated and manual transaction monitoring including E-communications, investigating potential violations of law, regulation or firm policy by employees and/or clients; reporting suspicious activity; coordinating training of relevant employees; and liaising with law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
The successful candidate will be part of the Asia-Pacific Know-Your-Client ("KYC") team and report to the APAC Head of KYC. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Principal Responsibilities:
- Reviewing Client Identification Program (CIP)/ Client Onboarding escalations and providing advice to ensure compliance with local and internal AML policies
- Conducting Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) on prospective and existing clients to identify issues presenting potential legal, regulatory, sanctions or reputational risk, primarily utilizing publicly available data sources, vendor reports and reviewing client documentation
- Managing document retention in accordance with applicable AML regulations and firm policies
- Updating, drafting and implementing applicable KYC/Client Onboarding policies and procedures
- Providing training to employees on KYC/Client Onboarding related topics
- Collaborating closely with the global Anti-Money Laundering/Suspicious Activities Group, the Government Sanctions Group, the Anti-Bribery Group, and the Global Surveillance Group
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- At least 3 years of working experience in AML compliance, securities law, law enforcement, investigative or forensic accounting or similar background
- Good understanding of the investment banking/securities industry and various investment products
- Strong analytical, investigative and risk assessment skills
- Ability to prioritize demanding workflows, detailed-oriented and well organized
- Ability to take ownership, work independently and yet still be team-oriented
- Ability to adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel, and experience in external database searches, such as World Check, Factiva, and Lexis/Nexis
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.