At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
This is a permanent role to support the Head of Asia Compliance and Head of GFCC International Risk in the design and implementation of an adequate Financial Crime Framework across M&G Asia Pacfic Region. The role holder will be required to interact with the business, operations, compliance and other risk functions across M&G Prudential and the outsourced service providers to assess and design the optimal target operating framework.
Key Work Level Accountabilities: Manager or Expert
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Support the design of the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) framework across M&G Asia Pacific, and 2nd and 1st line, coordinating between all different parties.
- Supporting the Head of Asia Compliance and Head of Group FCC International Risk in oversight activities, including, but not limited to, regional financial crime risk and third party suppliers for the firm’s operation in our key markets of Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea and Australia.
- Managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders across the business and collaborating with other teams, as required.for you
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant local and transnational legislation / regulation, best practice and industry guidance and rules relating to financial crime.
- Engage with the FCC transformation project as required.
- Prepare relevant reports to governance.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 8 to10 years proven experience in FCC, within the financial services industry
- Exposure to FCC Advisory matters like transaction support
- Good command of written and spoken English; Excellent report-writing in English
- Ability to manage, organise and prioritise workloads in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Capable of exercising sound judgement when assessing risk and controls; as well as understanding and balancing risk, versus appropriate controls, to determine residual risk
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others – Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.