- Temporary, Full time
- Hays Malaysia
- 26 Apr 19
- Full time
Financial Controller - Contract
Brilliant Job Opportunity with a Top tier Investment Bank!
Are you a great with numbers? Do you know how to take care of the details? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
- implement accounting control requirements
- compile and analyze financial information for Finance and other business functions
- prepare and record journal entries in the general ledger, subledger and other applications
- prepare financial statements and other financial reports, wire and other cash disbursements, and reconciliation of intercompany activity
- in collaboration with colleagues, improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the function
You’ll be joining the APAC WM/AM Financial Control team in Singapore. This is a high-profile team supporting the regional WM/AM business, with significant interaction with a broad and diverse range of areas; including Country Controller, Business Managers, Group Treasury, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Legal, Operations, Auditors and other Finance functions.
Positioned as part of a bigger Singapore Financial Control Services (FCS) team, key responsibilities include closing of the books; reporting of business performance; and ensuring efficient processes and strong control environment are in place to support these processes.
Your experience and skills
- a university degree in accountancy, finance or business, with a strong understanding of accounting principles
- at least 5-8 years of experience in product controlling and financial reporting.
- a keen interest in financial markets
- strong analytical skills (you’re like a human computer)
- a self-starter
- methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
- fluent in English