Pan-Asian focused multi-strategy investment management firm based in Singapore is looking to Financial Controller. The firm has over US$3bn in assets under management. The central investment philosophy of the firm is to combine a bottoms-up research-based approach with detailed fundamental analysis and an understanding of value creating catalysts. The firm focuses on fairly concentrated investments with a medium to long term investment horizon.
Scope of work:
(A) The Financial Controller will be handling the monthly NAV close for the fund including (but not limited to) the following:
- Reviewing fund administrator’s monthly balance sheet and profit and loss reports and reconciliation to the firm’s shadow accounting system.
- Reviewing all capital transactions in the fund and maintaining investors P&L allocation and capital balances based on the fund’s PPM.
- Oversee the monthly valuation process for investments in the fund and calculate/accrue relevant tax that the fund is subject to in the course of its investing activities.
(B) The Financial Controller will also be assisting the CFO in investor-related or regulatory reporting.
(C) The role will also have a management reporting function for example maintaining segmented fund performance and track record.
(D) The Financial Controller will also oversee the annual audit for the fund.
Years of experience
- 6-8 years of relevant experience. Only candidates who have experience in Hedge Fund accounting will be considered.
- Good knowledge of listed equities, swaps, options and futures required.
- Knowledge of credit instruments (loans and bonds) preferred but not mandatory.
- The Financial Controller will be reporting to the CFO of the firm but will be expected to have a reasonable degree of competence and expertise to function independently on a day-to-day basis.
- Candidates who have changed roles/employers frequently will also not be considered
- Good at prioritization of work and project management, team player and understands the nature of work/environment in a hedge fund.
- Should be a focused individual with a desire to get work done and enjoys working in a high quality, challenging environment that will help develop both their skill set and their career.
For interested parties, please kindly click on APPLY to send us your updated CV with current and expected salary