- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- A.M. Best Asia-Pacific Ltd
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Analyst to join the world’s leading provider of financial performance ratings in the insurance industry. You will be applying your industry knowledge and strong analytical skills to conduct high quality, timely analysis to report on the financial strength of a portfolio of large insurance companies.
For more than 100 years, A.M. Best has served the needs of the global business community with information, products and services that set the standard for insurance industry ratings and analysis. Our rating process provides unparalleled quantitative and qualitative analytical depth for the Best’s Ratings assigned to insurers.
To provide high quality, timely analysis and reports on the financial strength of a portfolio of large /more complex insurance companies with minimal supervision, acting at all times with the highest standards of professional excellence, ethics and integrity.
Help reinforce AM Best’s brand and reputation as a boutique global Credit Rating Agency through the development and dissemination of insightful industry knowledge
- Conduct thorough, objective and efficient industry and company research in respect of financial and non-financial information.
- Conduct on-going monitoring and surveillance of assigned portfolios, including rating changes, market/industry/regulatory developments, news events etc. identify early warning signs that need to be brought to committee for event driven ratings actions.
- Perform accurate and timely credit rating and peer analysis, and ensure the quality and timeliness of rating packs for committees.
- Present analysis at rating committee and demonstrate good judgement in communicating rating recommendations
- Produce timely, high quality credit reports to support the assigned ratings, documenting analysis and recommendations
- Keep up to date with relevant industry, market and professional developments through continued professional development and learning, including through undertaking research, attending seminars market briefings and presentations.
- Develop knowledge and insight in one or more specialist market and /or technical subject areas and lead on external presentations/seminars, write specialist reports on this area.
- Manage the relationship with rated companies including leading management meetings, communicating rating outcomes and expectations in an effective and professional manner.
- Develop, maintain and utilise a network of contacts including clients, brokers, regulators, in the (re)insurance industry as a source of informal market research.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of ratings documentation in accordance with AM Best policy.
- Be knowledgeable in and follow the policies, procedures and rating criteria used in rating and project work related to your functional area and regulatory requirements.
- Proactively identify areas for performance and process improvement and contribute to the implementation of changes.
- Working effectively as a team member, providing peer review, contributing to research ideas, constructive challenge and feedback on work quality,
You may be required to participate in business travel as required by your assigned portfolio.
Required Qualifications & Attributes:
Skills and Experience
- Team player with integrity and strong work ethic, high levels of energy, positive attitude
- Experience of conducting complex financial analysis including through use of financial ratios and financial statement analysis.
- Solid understanding of the insurance industry and financial markets, economic/industry trends including through use of financial ratios and financial statement analysis.
- Developed specialist knowledge likely to have been gained through extensive research or study of a particular market or technical area
- Experience of presenting at external seminars and acting as the lead on an area of specialist technical or market knowledge
- Experience of contributing towards the writing of specialist / macro reports
- Experienced in developing and managing professional relationships with external stakeholders
- Strong Asian language skills preferred
- Self-starter and pro-active in bringing new ideas and solutions to the table and continually seeking knowledge
- Must demonstrate ability to manage own time efficiently and effectively, and be able to multitask, absorb ideas and facts quickly, while maintaining a strict eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- A strong team player with experience of providing support to peers or juniors helping to deliver high quality outputs
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree minimum entry requirement, ideally in Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting
- Additional relevant professional qualifications are welcome (MSc / MA / MBA / CA / CFA, etc.)
- Continuing education is encouraged and expected.
For further information on A.M. Best Company, visit www.ambest.com
A.M. Best Company is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment related purposes.
Employment at A.M.Best is contingent upon compliance with the Groups Policies and Procedures including the Group's Securities Trading Policy and employees and their immediate family members will be asked to disclose any purchase, ownership or trade of any securities that are likely to give rise to a conflict of interest, any may be prohibited from owning or being involved with any such security.