- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
Finance Manager, Project SAIL, FCRMP
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We have an opportunity for a Finance Manager within the SAIL programme.
The SAIL programme is a strategic multi-year programme to implement an Oracle automated AML monitoring system (Mantas). Oracle Mantas is an industry standard, proven, configurable and scalable system that will ensure that the bank can implement the automated transaction and customer monitoring required to meet the AML policy and increasing regulatory expectations. The programme will cover all customers, geographies, transactions and products within SCB over 3+ years.
This role is required to act as a project accountant with additional programme support activities. The financial element of the role will implement and maintain cost control discipline and enable accurate forecasting to manage financial planning. The programme support and planning activities will focus upon assisting the SAIL PMO team and SAIL management as and when required, for example in headcount, risk, communications, change and process management, etc.
* Develop and deliver timely and accurate management financial reporting to support the strategic and tactical objectives of the SAIL programme.
* Manage the programme forecasting and rolling outlook processes to enhance financial accuracy of funding requests, including risk and opportunity management.
* Partner with the SAIL programme team to provide commercial insight on the cost base and ways of optimising cost drivers.
* Implement rigorous cost control discipline across the SAIL programme with advice and guidance on Finance-related policies and procedures. Drive delivery of agreed budgets.
* Manage financial control activities as required including, but not limited to, journal preparation (transfers, accruals, re-classes, etc) and balance sheet substantiation.
* Take responsibility for SAIL cost centres, ensuring monthly review and investigation of unusual items.
* Escalate and resolve issues working with the responsible SAIL programme team members.
* Provide support to the SAIL PMO team and SAIL management on existing or emerging issues or initiatives.
* Take ownership for and resolve any ad hoc issues based upon capacity, knowledge and experience.
* Actively streamline processes and optimise system solutions to enable more effective and efficient reporting and management control.
* Act as a change agent within the wider programme to support the efficient delivery of the programme objectives.
People and Talent (Responsibilities related to people and talent matters)
* Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
* Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
* Ensure your workstream is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support the successful delivery of Project SAIL
* Ensure staff in your workstream have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
Regulatory & Business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* SAIL Management Team
* SAIL project managers and SMEs
* Finance (FCRMP and Central)
* Supply Chain Management
* Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Project SAIL
* Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, or Functional policies and procedures.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..