Finance Division - Tax Advisory & Compliance - Associate - Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Finance Division
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. Your Impact
Do you have a desire to work closely with different stakeholders on broad range of tax matters in a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm? Are you a quick thinking self-starter and looking for an new opportunity in a fast paced environment to showcase your analytical, technical, communication and problem solving skills? Do you want to be part of a dynamic and truly global team?
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS How can you will fulfill your potential
The Tax Department undertakes a variety of activities including tax compliance work, managing tax audits, reviewing products and trades, assisting in the establishment and monitoring of transfer pricing policies, managing tax risk and assisting in the establishment of new business lines/ventures. The Tax Department also assists in the structuring of proprietary investments by the firm as well as providing advice across the firm on tax related matters.The Tax Department also provides advice to all the firm's business lines on tax related matters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with tax compliance work for various GS entities doing business in Singapore and other ASEAN countries.
- Dealing with tax audits together with other members of the Tax Department.
- Dealing with day-to-day tax related questions from internal clients.
- Being involved with tax advisory work for financial products / cross border transfer pricing issues / other firmwide projects.
- Working closely with people in the different business divisions and Federation departments (e.g., Controllers, Corporate Treasury, and Legal).
- Minimum five years of corporate tax compliance / advisory experience focusing on Singapore and other ASEAN tax regimes (and applicable income tax treaties) with a major financial services firm, a major accounting firm, or a top tier law firm
- Qualified CPA or solicitor
- High integrity and reliability
- Enthusiastic to learn and take responsibility
- Strong control awareness and ability to take a global view on issues
- Strong analytical skills & detail oriented approach to work
- Ability to work and obtain results under pressure
- Ability to use initiative to develop innovative solutions and suggestions
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent communication skills required
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of financial industry or financial products helpful
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.