Exciting opportunity to join a growing multi-billion dollar private equity firm with more than 20 years track record in the region. They are currently in search for a Finance to be based in their Singapore office and be in charge for all finance and operational matters in APAC.
- Report to the Global CFO, CEO & Board of Directors on all aspect of finance, compliance, administration and operations of the company
- Manage a small team of Finance/Operations staff
- Oversee the regulatory compliance of the fund management company with respect to (i) MAS regulations and other regional regulatory requirements where applicable, and (ii) relevant tax authorities, working together with the company’s external advisors. Be responsible for business and regulatory compliance matters including AML and MAS requirements.
- Manage the financial and management reporting for the fund management company and the fund companies, including regulatory reporting to MAS, ACRA and tax authorities, and internal reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee and monitor the cash management and cash forecast of the fund management company and the fund companies, including capital calls, investment transactions and expense management, and distributions for dividends and divestments.
- Oversee the production of periodic reporting to investors by the fund administrators, and provide value added analysis for the reporting package
- Manage communications with investors or potential investors on financial reporting and investors queries.
- Oversee the periodic portfolio valuation process working together with a centralized valuation team and the investment team to ensure all financial risks are captured.
- Oversee all the operations of the company, including cash and expense management, document retention and operations of the office.
- Oversee the external auditing process, ensuring best practices in internal controls are in place and the integrity of the financial records for both the fund management company and fund companies, building an open relationship with the external auditors.
- Oversee the third party service providers of the fund management company, including for human resources and payroll, compliance, internal audit and corporate secretarial.
- Update and maintain compliance and operating manuals and procedures.
- Support special ad hoc projects as assigned by the CEO or Board of Directors.
- Degree in Accountancy or CPA equivalent qualification
- 10 to 15 years' experience in private equity accounting and finance, particularly in another private equity firm, fund admistratator or audit firm
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- Candidates who have a good understanding of MAS regulatory and compliance requirements within the fund management industry will be highly looked upon
- Demonstrated leadership & team management capabilities
- Self-starter; able to do work both hands on and with a team
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English to liaise with international investors