Finance - APAC Treasury Finance Pool - AVP
It is crucial for the bank to understand how profitable each businesses activity is and Finance has a responsibility to understand precisely the resource commitment the bank makes to any given client or transaction e.g. cost, capital, funding, liquidity and risk. Finance is playing a central role in keeping the bank focused on simplification and financial resource management.
With our diverse teams in 47 countries, we offer a broad portfolio of capabilities. Our key functions range from Group Finance, Treasury, Planning and Performance Management, and Investor Relations to enabling functions such as Finance Change and Administration. These teams make sure we cover all Finance specific aspects for our internal and external stakeholders such as shareholder, employees, clients and regulators. Together, it is the role of Finance to oversee all financial details for Deutsche Bank globally.
Sound financial principles are at the core of everything we do. That's why Finance is vital to the way we run our business. In a global marketplace that's constantly evolving, being adaptable, decisive and accurate is critical.
Join us and you'll be able to make a real difference in a dynamic global team with multiple career opportunities. Position Overview Position Description
The Treasury Finance function delivers support, insight and advice, as well as, providing independent challenge and monitoring of the performance of the Bank's Treasury activities and is the central point of contact for Group Treasury into the Finance organization. It establishes, manages and develops internal stakeholder relationships and ensures that the relevant requirements from Treasury are covered in the key products and deliverables. The function includes the further development of the regular evaluation of Treasury performance products and delivers best practice internal reporting to Treasury stakeholders Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for the accuracy of APAC Treasury Pool's Financial results under both IFRS and HGB
- Central point of contact for Treasury Pool Managers into the Finance organization – coordinating and managing the day to day responsibilities for Finance deliveries and insight to Group Treasury
- Further develop and maintain the control framework for APAC Treasury Pool's financial and management reporting
- Build, manage and develop relationships with specific key internal stakeholders, critical to the success of the function in line with the Group Finance engagement model
- Understand stakeholder demand, while providing commercial insight and independent challenge on requirements – through financial, non-financial analysis and knowledge of market best-practice
- Actively drive the delivery of market-leading services to Treasury, through day to day management, RTB excellence and pro-active analysis integration and review of CTB priorities
- Deliver on the Treasury change book of work as required
Experience / Exposure
- Supports the development of an environment where people management and development is the number one priority. Coaches direct reports and others in the organization, as appropriate
- Actively supports the business strategy, plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture
- Takes ownership for own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution
- Acts as a role model for new employees, providing help and support to facilitate early integration and assimilation of their new environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the Treasury function within an investment bank – specifically around the financial impacts of short term liquidity management and associated risk management
- Experience in Product Control (Risk & PnL) and Financial Control activities within an investment bank
- Strong communication skills and are comfortable interacting with a wide range of stakeholders at different corporate titles throughout the APAC region and globally
- Ability to work collaboratively across Finance to ensure effective and efficient integration of Treasury's requirements
- Strong control mindset
- Sound process and analysis skills
- Fluent English (oral and written)
- Proactive with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Able to manage multiple relationships with demanding stakeholders and be able to work on different projects simultaneously.
- Results focused with the ability to prioritise a large and varied task list.
- Proactive with an open work attitude – motivation to develop and enhance processes
- Strong team player with high ethical standards
- Flexible – with ability to adapt to rapid change
- Act with integrity
- A degree plus further qualifications is ideal e.g. qualified accountant.
- 5-8 years of relevant working experience
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.