Fiduciary Specialist, Corporate Trustee
- Aug 04, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with an International Bank who provides the full suite of banking services across different client segments.
The Singapore team is looking for a Fiduciary Specialist to join their Corporate Trustee team. You will be responsible for providing in-depth disciplinary knowledge and subject matter expertise within the area of fiduciary services for the Corporate Trustee business.
Role and responsibilities
- Assist with the management and administration for the Trustee / Fiduciary relationship of a specific set of managed Fund clients
- Assist in the provision, receipt, safekeeping and maintenance of legal and contractual client documentation
- Assist in investment and borrowing monitoring checks for designated funds, monitoring aspects of investment guideline activity
- Oversight and assist in the preparation of service level agreements for clients. Ensure agreed service levels commitments are monitored and tracked, and any issues identified are escalated to the relevant parties and followed through to resolution
- Review legal documentation and ensure operational processes and procedures are appropriately captured
- Instructing external counsel appointed to act for the trustee and escalating decisions as appropriate
- Work with internal counsel on framework and procedures so that legal documentation adheres with internal requirements
- Work collaboratively with internal support teams and external parties to resolve any outstanding client issues
- Onboard and support the implementation of new business, including the review and negotiation of legal documentation
- Ensure potential governance, risk and compliance considerations are monitored and mitigated and that procedures are current and internal reporting framework is adequate
- Work on compliance and risk activities and monitoring (including outsourcing) to ensure the fiduciary activities are being cohesively adhered to based on compliance, legal and regulatory provisions and the business environment
- Work with the Fiduciary Operations function and other internal product lines on any query escalations they refer in connection to breaches, periodic reviews, escalations and similar, and provide training and assistance to them where required
- Monitor activities of Operations through their procedures and client operation guidelines for immediate area of responsibility
- Periodic oversight and due diligence of fund functionaries (as applicable) of managers, custodian, transfer agents or other entities as directed and assist in the preparation/review of draft and/or final reports as required, detailing issues that have been observed
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in similar roles, ideally in corporate trustee business
- Degree holder
- Prior experience in legal and compliance would be advantageous
- Strong stakeholder engagement and ability to work in complex matrix structure
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932