FX FIX Client Connectivity Specialist
FX FIX Client Connectivity Specialist Singapore
As a Barclays FX FIX Client Connectivity Specialist, you will administer and provide a centre of excellence to establish FIX connectivity, build and maintain relationship with clients and support existing clients as they expand their existing FIX connections with the Bank. You will lead and demonstrate knowledge of the FIX protocol and also an understanding of the FX asset class and the internal systems to the stakeholder and will also ensure on time and correct deliveries.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Running the FIX Client connectivity and onboarding for our external clients and internal systems on our FX e-platforms, providing 2nd line FIX connectivity support
- Setting up network connectivity and running network projects with the infrastructure teams
- Maintaining existing system configuration and ensuring UAT environment is stable and always available for clients
- Running with connectivity projects and demonstrating in depth knowledge of FIX technicality to gain stakeholder's confidence
- Ensuring we have most updated rules of engagement document and team is sending the most appropriate and updated document to our clients and stakeholders
- Effectively understand requirements from stakeholders and proactively participating in ongoing product enhancement discussion
- Analysing those requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution and creating a technical specification where needed
- Participating in post-project reviews in order to improve the project lifecycle where necessary
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Proven FX FIX on boarding experience (ideally for both FX Cash and Options), Project & Resources Planning ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, direct team management skills and a proven track record of implementing changes
- Good oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and diligence combined with good analytical problem solving skills, critical thinking skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders, clients, identify, escalate issues and risks, experience on complex enterprise trading/ risk systems
Where will you be working?
- Detailed knowledge of electronic execution, order management, risk and settlement preferably from Operations or a Front office role
- Ability to manage small project on your own, experience of supporting electronic execution systems, Futures, FX, Equities or FI, good time management skills
- Understanding of trading life-cycle for FX Cash and Options products, experience in scripting language - Shell, Python or Groovy
- Extensive experience of Trading floor or client support on an ecommerce platform involving FIX, good stakeholder management skills and cross-cultural international
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.