FVP, Production Support Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 23 Feb 18
FVP, Production Support ManagerJob Objective:
- To provide leadership for application support management functions of strategic, cross-functional or regional applications to provide a stable a production environment to business.
- To provide leadership in bringing efficiencies with continuous service improvement plan by usage of proper tools and process.
- Being able to partner with Technology and Business stake holders to derive and drive strategic actions in providing a stable production environment to meet organization goal as a team.
- Responsible for availability, incident, problem, change / release, capacity and vendor management for the applications in scope
- Manage communication for Major Incidents (SLA breaches, Application Major Incidents, Logistics issue) and responsible for communications with business users, senior management
- Manage changes and work closely with Development teams to provide strong governance for control, providing design solutions.
- Manage Vendor for prioritization of issues, continuous service improvement, process improvement, cost management and audit issues. Conduct Monthly service review track SLAs adherence from vendors. Manage a workload which is subject to changing priorities and demands
- Drive the change in culture to ensure Production Support best practices is implemented while ensure partnerships with developers and business partners are strengthened.
- Act as a facilitator and coordinate between various teams like Infrastructure, development team to resolve, analysis of root cause for complex issues and outages
- Work across multiple application management areas and support teams to ensure high level of support service.
- Provide strategic influence and exercise control over resources, budget management and planning.
- Evaluate Subordinates' performance and make decisions on hiring and other personnel actions.
- Ensures essential process / procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards.
- To involve and drive regulatory requirements for application systems and aspects pertaining to them.
- Communicate complex technical issues to business users in a language they understand
- Promote effective knowledge management best practices within team and organization
- Effectively communicate and interact with infrastructure and supporting technology groups across a distributed environment to drive problem resolution and service levels.
- Work closely with 1st & 2nd level support and development teams (L3) to ensure team is meeting the business' requirements. Ensure team delivers on these priorities and communicated progress effectively to all stakeholders.
- Follow thru to ensure each problem is resolved according to SLA.
Must have :-
- Minimum 15-18 years of experience working in IT industry with 8-10 years of experience in Technology solutions or support service delivery for banking industry.
- Prior experience in large scale enterprise application development, capacity planning, optimization, re-engineering, and performance fine tuning and cost optimization
- Demonstrate accountability, leadership, independent initiatives and willingness to lead.
Strong team player with management skills. Flexible and being able to manage time effectively.
Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience in leading staff in a Production Support group in a high availability / mission critical environment.
- Experience in managing communications across business and technology stakeholders at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise.
- Solid understanding of ITIL methodology
Essential Technical Skill :-
- 5-8 years' experience with MQ, Java, RDBMS, Connect-Direct
- Experience writing scripts, database queries, generating capacity and performance reports
- Software Engineering & Change Management
- Solid understanding of resiliency and redundancy designs
- Interfaces and Messaging systems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision and ensuring the detail is of high priority
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels
- Efficiently and effectively manages work, time, and resources
- Applied knowledge of standard development methodologies
- Ability to handle high stress and pressure situations
- Strong problem solving and program execution skills while being process orientated
- Self-motivating and delivery focused individual
- Ability to understand the big picture - can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues
- Proven ability to communicate and develop long lasting relationships with all levels of Management in a clear, concise manner