FVP, Product Development Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 24 Mar 18
FVP, Product Development ManagerJob Scope
Reporting to the team head of Cash Product Development, the position will be part of the GWB Product Development team as the primary point of contact for UOB Group Wholesale digital initiatives. Responsible for end-to-end oversight of all cash product development across all Group Wholesale. In addition, this position is responsible for project managing all new products development across Group Wholesale.
Key responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with Product Managers, work with business units in Group Wholesale to identify product development opportunities based on customer needs, competitive landscape, data analysis and market research. Develop strategic product roadmap.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to constantly enhance and innovate existing product capabilities to address changing customer requirements and increase product competitiveness.
- Build business requirements (BRD) as the basis for Technical Development, Operations, processing and other cross functional departments to build systems, procedure and materials to support product development and ongoing product enhancements.
- Work with technology to review functional specification (FSD) and ensure they are aligned to BRD for sign-off.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of new product development within defined objectives. Close collaboration with Product Managers and Project Managers on scope and timelines of new and enhanced products.
- Perform assigned tasks in the product development lifecycle, monitors progress and ensures projects are progressing according to their established timeline.
- Design and manage the new product development process with selected partners and alliances.
- Formulation of Test Scenarios & Scripts. Perform User Acceptance Test (UAT), troubleshoot, analyse and resolve product development issues.
- Proof of Concept (PoC) & Production Verification Runs (PVRs).
- Roll out new and enhanced products to overseas branches and subsidiaries.
- Work with product owners and key business partners to ensure end-to-end integrity of final delivered solutions, processes and documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- At least 5 years of working experience across banking, finance and technology with proven track record in developing and implementing successful innovative products and digital strategies, including 2+ years of project management experience required.
- Must possess very strong cross-platform digital and technical knowledge and up-to-date with the latest market development.
- A proven track record of leading complex projects to completion.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment.