FVP/VP - Strategy & FinTech Investments
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 22 Apr 18
FVP/VP - Strategy & FinTech InvestmentsJOB DESCRIPTION:
You will be a key member of the Strategy & Projects Team, responsible for helping to craft UOB's strategy for banking in the digital world, supporting Group Channels and Digitalisation leadership in business support matters, and building ecosystem partnerships to augment UOB's franchise, through investments into FinTech and Digital Platforms. This role will also support the Strategic Alliances & FinTech team in research and own the central knowledge database for FinTech ecosystem players.
- Engage the FinTech and Venture Capitalist community to understand their perspectives, and investment and market trends that are affecting the financial services industry.
- Be familiar with ever-changing regulations around bank investments and the ability of various FinTech domains to operate in the countries that UOB operates in e.g. A.I., cryptocurrency providers, P2P lenders, e-wallets and crowdfunding.
- Collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders for due diligence and assessment of FinTech and Digital Platform investment opportunities.
- Execute FinTech investment deals, including seeking necessary management approvals follow-up with sponsor business units on related ecosystem partnerships.
- Manage and give regular updates on the bank's portfolio of strategic FinTech-related investments.
- Prepare strategy and research decks at short notice.
- Track and provide status updates of UOB's involvement with ecosystem partners, and be responsible for the central knowledge database of FinTech ecosystem players.
- Degree holder and 5-10 years working experience in management consulting/FinTech/banking strategy/investment analysis/audit.
- You write and speak well, and can summarise complex issues in a simple manner.
- People call you the PowerPoint expert.
- Term sheets, financial statements and SPAs don't make you sweat.
- "Can-do" and "want-to" work ethic, demonstrated by an openness to adapt, hunger to learn and understand the "whys".
- Discipline and attention to detail to see projects through to successful completion.
- Character maturity - "keep calm and carry on" is your mantra.