FO Channel Product Owner
We seek to build the most admired Entrepreneurial Bank in APAC supporting our management in developing and implementing value-creating strategies and initiatives. Expect a variety of challenging tasks and responsibilities, firmly embedded in the business with the view to deliver sustainable results with a significant impact to the bank.
For the further build out of our digital offering, which is key for our APAC division to capture the Asian opportunities, we are looking to expand our team of Business Product Owners.
Look into delivering functionality within our APAC regional Front Office Channel (covering Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, and Australia). As agile product owner, you seek to define and implement the product vision and strategy, engaging business partners and users to refine requirements, prioritizing and managing the IT backlog.
Responsible for the Change-the-Bank and Run-the-Bank aspects of the systems you own and represent progress of the projects and status of the platform to our business associates. Solid comprehension of the agile software development culture, your good interpersonal skills, diligent and detailed nature and strong understanding of the banking processes will help you convince our business partners to follow your product vision, but also to ensure that the IT development team does the same and delivers the system in line with your vision and business associates expectations. Your input is critical from the very start of a project; from initial client value proposition and client experience setting to idea building, process construction, and final implementation.
Our Product Owners are also in constant contact with Credit Suisse senior management, the internal IT developing team and Senior Program Leaders. This is a leadership role that requires strong organization and communication skills. Collaboratively works with clients, internal partners and project developers together; yours is the job of elucidating, educating, and building healthy and long-lasting internal positive relationships within Credit Suisse. Key Responsibilities:
- Expected to support the IT and business on our agile transformation journey and bring our business and IT partners closer together.
- Ensuring end-to-end requirements around our Front Office Channel are gathered and analyzed
- Working with our user experience designer to come up with a compelling user interface
- Prioritizing the book of work for IT development teams, balancing non-functional and functional improvements, required end of life / end of support upgrades and bug fixes
- Ensuring all parties are aware of project scope, expected benefits, the benefits it actually realizes, and project timelines
- Actively managing agile project progress against quality standards, targets and budgets and challenging actions, results and activities
- Manage change impact deployed to production (estimate efforts and make business aware of data migration needs, support trainings, post go-live handholding of new releases)
- Engage business partners by providing updates through informal or formal meetings and ensure decisions are adequately syndicated and documented by relevant partners
- Dedicated in identifying risks and dependencies and issues early and actively drive respective mitigations
- Identify key partners on the business lines and support departments from front to back upon new initiatives
- Assisting in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results with the help of SME / work stream leads for integration, functional, performance and user acceptance testing
- Ensure compliance with established guidelines for accurate and timely project delivery breakthroughs
- Qualification of a college or higher education in business/economics/technology
- Ability to take on the client or internal user perspective
- 3-5 years of experience in product management, digital topics and/or change management in Private Banking or Wealth Management Industry. Experience in Portfolio, CRM and/or Suitability is an advantage.
- Understanding of agile development process
- Proficiency in Business development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, desire to reach business results and eye for business
- Strong Project and/or (IT) Product Management Skills
- Strong consulting mindset with experience in advising executive level management
- Passion for excellence, digital space, process efficiency and finding joy in building something new
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving skills and confident personality with excellent relationship skills in order to interact with the various departments
- Good decision-Making attitude
- Good knowledge of Front-Office Banking Business, banking industry, Private Banking Product Offerings combined with a lot of drive and an agile product owner mindset would be the ideal skillset to be part of a game changing team in the APAC Platform
- Ambitious, hardworking, dedicated who can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards.
Ability to establish and communicate product vision:
- Actively establish strong domain understanding both deep and broad for the relevant end-to-end processes. Understanding user issues, process flaws, operational risks, compliance requirements, etc.
- Follow market trends and be aware of competitor offerings
- Develop innovative product recommendations based on business, technical, and opportunity assessments, demonstrating the gained domain experience
- In partnership with key business partners form and maintain the product vision. Represent vision and the functional requirements of the of business associates to delivery team, being the first source of information
- Convey the vision to the scrum team and organization
- Help broaden and deepen domain knowledge in Scrum teams
Scrum team leadership, organization and delivery:
- Define and prioritize product roadmap and team backlog such that the solution effectively addresses program priorities while maintaining technical integrity
- Ensure product backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the scrum team will work on next. Communicate and ensure team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level required
- Author requirements, epics, user stories, tasks and timelines aligned with user/customer/market needs; ensures stories meet the "definition of ready" criteria; only team member with the authority to accept new user stories into the baseline
- Manage, lead and mentors team members on how to execute the vision of the product/ roadmap.
Strong stakeholder management:
- Identify business partner needs, negotiate priorities between competing interests, and then collaborate with developers to make sure the requirements are implemented effectively.
- Keep customers &/or users apprised of status and gather their feedback - testing, validating hypotheses regarding their needs
- Ensure quantifiable and qualitative benefits are identified and committed by the business partners before starting a new major initiative