- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
FMO Data Manager
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
FMO Data ManagerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Responsible for leading and supervising the day to day processes of the FMO Data Management team in the East region (currently a team of 5)
• Onboard into BAU the management of MIFID data elements such as instrument and other reference data elements used by FM and FM Operations to perform regulatory compliance activities such as regulatory reporting
• Define data management global control standards and roll these out across the data management activities
• Put in place monitoring such as MIS and ORF metrics to ensure adherence to these control standards.
• Establish the DQMF into FMO Data Management
• Assist the global head with driving the strategy for the overall function in addition to overseeing the day-to-day operations of this team.
• Assist in setting the vision, defining plans to deliver the strategy and executing on the plan for the FMO Data Management team
• Identify opportunities within the data management activities to improve processes, drive increased control and efficiencies
• As this is a new role in a new function, be able to explain the strategy and value of function to key stakeholders across FM, Technology, Compliance and Operational Risk.
People and Talent
• Ensure that the FMO Data Management team that is appropriately skilled, motivated and enabled to deliver and maintain a high quality control environment across the data management processes
• Promote a culture of risk awareness within FMO Data Management and take accountability for controls remediation where this is required
• Define and implement appropriate daily monitoring and management of data management activities to ensure operational risk is effectively mitigated
• Define and evolve controls reporting and key metrics for stakeholders
• Lead Operational Risk control framework assessments/updates for data management processes and associated controls remediation, in partnership with relevant control and compliance functions
• Contribute to PGC and other relevant risk committee papers and ensure key messages and risk ratings are appropriately aligned to the risk profile of the function
• Ensure change activity is actively managed, holding to account delivery to plans and standards set and defined by FMO Data Management
• Ensure close collaboration is fostered within FM Operations and FM Technology Data Management teams to ensure successful delivery of processes and controls for FMO Data Management
• Ensure connectedness to the Risk/Control community within FM Operations, ensuring stakeholders are aware of key risks, issues and action plans
• Interface with in-country stakeholders to ensure alignment on key priorities, control framework standards and associated changes
Our Ideal Candidate
• Knowledge of FM products and associated FM Operations processes
• Proven ability to define and implement best practice operational processes & controls
• Strong organizational skills, ability to develop and manage projects and define reporting/MI
• Experience of building strong, multi-faceted teams who are operational in multiple locations
• Working knowledge of FM industry regulation (including EMIR, DF & MIFID), utilities and change agenda
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.