External Communications Manager
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering our teams with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
What motivates you?
- Manulife Singapore is looking for a communications specialist who takes ownership and builds solutions that continually enhance our brand profile and presence. They put forth information in a professional and tactful manner and participate in developing external strategies to reach varied audiences. To magnify our brand presence, they contribute towards the development and management of our sponsorship properties.
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
We are looking for someone with:
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
Nice to Haves:
- University degree, preferably in media relations and communications
- At least 6 years of work experience with a strong background in communications and marketing
- Self-motivated and resourceful individual, comfortable with managing stakeholders across all levels, including senior executives and management
- Collaborative individual who works as a team player, with a professional approach in dealing with all stakeholders and team members.
- Strong writing and communication skills, coming across in a tactful and diplomatic approach
- Strong project management skills with an ability to think fast on their feet and work under pressure
On the job you will:
- First-hand experience writing press release and speeches
- Campaign marketing experience
Our commitment to you
- Develop and execute PR communication plans to achieve quantitative and qualitative objectives
- Define quantitative and qualitative KPIS across earned media initiatives
- Develop an overarching outreach plan for the right message to the right media
- Develop talking points, media messaging, press releases etc that enhance the positioning of our brand
- Working with the agency to identify and build good relationships and networks with media
- Work closely with our agency partners to ensure that all external communications are tactful, accurate and credible
- Work collaboratively with our regional and global team members; share and learn from within the communications network
- Engage with necessary stakeholders and seek all required approvals
- Media enquiries response management, issues management including crisis comms
- Develop and review all media releases, speeches, media responses
- Ensuring media readiness of key spokespersons within the organisation through media training, profile updates
- Support the development and execution of our brand campaigns across all marketing channels
- Contribute in the development of, and manage the execution of our sponsorship properties
- Responsible for the day to day management of our sponsorship entitlements and fulfilment
- Manage the organisations partnerships with chambers and associations
- Manage budgets under your scope, with accountability to plan, project and reconcile
- Timely and accurate reporting
- Ensure all communications are compliant with our brand guidelines
- Live the values of the brand and champion them in your day to day activities and engagement
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .