Experience Design Lead
As an Experience Design Lead, you are relentlessly focused on creating remarkable individual experiences for our customers. You're a T-shaped Designer with a sharp understanding of design research and will work alongside the Head of Experience Design to elevate our design research operations. As a design leader, you will map out how to turn something ordinary into something distinctive-even delightful-every chance you get.
You're also a true veteran of human-centred design and love getting your hands dirty whether you're interviewing our customers out in the field or designing the next experience our customers will love. Our customer needs are diverse, and you will utilise your full designer toolset to meet those needs.
You'll also collaborate with Product, Brand and MARCOM, Customer Experience and Engineering teams using design thinking methods to rally teams around continuous, human-centred improvements. Responsibilities
• 'Design across the seams'; you build strong relationships with engineering teams, product management and customer experience teams to form ideas that contribute to roadmaps and strategy.
• A player-coach, you're involved in design and research execution in addition to managing Jr team members in your care.
• Work closely with the Head of Experience Design orchestrating design efforts across cross-functional partners, internal initiatives, and weekly reporting and resource management.
• Work to help build the culture, team values and rituals of the design organization.
• As a design leader within StarHub, you work to continuously raise the bar of design quality and help drive the UX vision and identity for StarHub Digital Experiences. Qualifications
• Undergraduate or Master's degree in the area of Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or associated field with a focus on design or research.
• 5+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related fields with experience working with a track record of successfully shipping products.
• Great communication (verbal, written, and visual).
• Solid track record leading design research initiatives through planning, executing, synthesizing and reporting design insights to an organization- in addition, showing how they've leveraged those insights to drive design decisions.
• Understands what qualitative and quantitative data will be important for the design problem at hand.
• Excellent storyteller and written skills; able to effectively articulate rationale behind your design decisions and influence senior stakeholders.
• Experience in designing large-scale system designs and frameworks on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web and/or 10 ft experiences)
• Fluency in design fundamentals including: layout, visual hierarchy, colour, typography and iconography; can apply them in great effect in all work, helping others do the same.
• Mastery in conducting design research interviews, survey creation and usability testing.
• Mastery with design tools (Sketch, Protopie, Figma, Zeplin, etc.). *We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.