- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 23 Apr 18
Executive Director, US Law Compliance Program, ASA
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Executive Director, US Law Compliance Program, ASAWe are currently looking for an Executive Director, US Law Compliance Program, ASA.
Strategy (Responsibilities that are related to the development and implementation of a strategy)
* Continued development and implementation of US Law Compliance Program including strategic projects and enhancements to the Program and its protocols.
* Contribute to evolution of the Affiliate Risk Management construct, including data sourcing and analytics, metric formulation, dashboard presentation and management reporting.
* Conduct ongoing training in region, including oversight of capacity assessments and subsequently coordination of as needed targeted training. Knowledge sharing across region of lessons learned from remediation efforts across SC as part of enforcement actions for AML and Sanctions violations.
Business (Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives)
* Specialist advisor to ASA stakeholders on US law and regulatory environment.
* Management of Business Restrictions as applicable to the ASA region including the implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and where appropriate, closure, in alignment with the USLCP BRS Protocol.
Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising)
* Day-to-day management of the USLCP and associated Protocols for the ASA region including ICE escalations, BRS, Affiliate Reviews, and reporting.
* Creation and presentation of executive reports defining compliance and risk management actions as a result of escalated items.
* Creation of management information reports and metrics on regional risk issues.
People and Talent (Responsibilities related to people and talent matters)
* Act as the Regional FCC central point of contact for the US FCC team and Group stakeholders.
Risk Management (Responsibilities Under Risk Management Framework - both execution and supervisory)
* Participate in the Affiliate Risk Management Peer Review process by conducting on-site reviews of SC Affiliate FCC programs, presenting observations and ongoing validation of recommendations.
* Coordinate correspondence with FCC and Business stakeholders regarding findings, risks and proposed action, and track remediation to completion.
* Escalate relevant regional Audit, FCC Monitoring, and 1st line issues to SCB US FCC.
* Presentation at ASA Correspondent Banking Oversight Group on USLCP issues identified and status updates.
* Attendance at priority Country Financial Crime Risk Committees.
* Oversight and management of projects as they arise, providing robust support to project stakeholders as required.
* Assist Regional Head of FCC, ASA with related projects.
Regulatory & Business conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* Assist, where required, with engagement with US Monitors as a point of contact during visits within the Region, including the management of preparation and as needed pre-work.
* Regional Head of FCC, ASA
* Senior FCC Management in ASA Region and Group
* FCC Country Governance Heads
* Country Heads of FCC and Compliance
* Head, FCC Governance, Policy & Reporting ASA
* FCC Americas stakeholders
* Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in ASA
* Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Spot Opportunities - Business / Function Manager
Solve Problems - Business / Function Manager
Take the Lead - Business / Function Manager
Build Resilience - Business / Function Manager
Collaborate - Business / Function Manager
Communicate - Business / Function Manager
Deliver Sustainably - Business / Function Manager
Achieve Results - Business / Function Manager
Compliance Policies and Standards - Expert
Compliance Advisory - Expert
Compliance Review and FCC Assurance - Expert
Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring) - Core
Investigations - Core
Compliance Risk Assessment - Expert
Regulatory Liaison - Expert
Manage Change - Core
Manage Projects - Core
* ACAMS certification or equivalent strongly preferred.
* Bachelor degree from an accredited institution or equivalent.
* Advanced degrees (J.D., MBA, etc.) will be viewed positively.
* At least 7 years experience in financial crime compliance within the financial industry or in the governmental regulatory, intelligence or law enforcement industry (international, federal, state and local levels will be considered).
* Experience in wholesale / correspondent banking with an international financial institution preferred.
* Experience in working internationally will be viewed positively.
* Demonstrated capacity to lead team in complex investigative and analytical work, including through the execution of projects, investigations or other initiatives presenting need for close supervision and resource-management, and effective communications.
* Experience with advising on US Law.