- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
Executive DirectorAbout UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Lead the Business Technology Services Architecture function for Markets, Private Banking and the Enterprise
- Build and lead the Architecture team comprised of business aligned and domain Architects (direct and matrix reporting structure).
- Manage the Bank's Architecture Governance framework, process and the Bank's Architecture Roadmap. Ensure alignment with business strategy and needs, while meeting regulatory requirements and commitments.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures. Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints.
- Oversee the Application Design activities for the Bank's key initiatives and projects. Ensure that the designs follow industry best practices and are economically sound. Help the development teams translate the designs into quality deliverables.
- Closely partner and cultivate relationships with Senior Business, Technology and Operations Partners. Ensure alignment and gain organizational commitment for the Architecture Roadmap and Governance process.
- Implement metrics to measure the value that the Architecture function and activities bring to the Bank.
- Report progress and value to the senior stakeholders periodically
- At least 25 years' experience in Enterprise and/or Internet scales IT.
- Proven track record of delivering large scale solutions, projects.
- Ideal background in Financial Services, but can come from different backgrounds as well (Professional Services, Technology)
- Broad and deep understanding of enterprise technology stacks, architecture concepts and best practices.
- Understanding and appreciation of regulatory environment that Banks operate in.
- Passionate about Technology. A curious mind and keen learner. Stays abreast of latest Technology developments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience with dealing with C-level executives.
- Experience of working in Asia.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.