Exec. Mgr, Relationship Mgmt
Position: Executive Manager - Head of Treasury Services, Asia Pacific Reporting to: Global Head of Treasury Services Relationship Management & Business Development
Location: Singapore About BNY Mellon:
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
Treasury Services is a global leader providing Global Payment, Payables & Receivables, Trade Finance, and Liquidity solutions to Financial Institutions, Corporations, and Public Sector organizations. Treasury Services enables clients to conduct operations in the U.S. and globally, assisting them in their efforts to make and receive payments, manage cash flow, optimize liquidity and manage risk, which are all the essential components to their success. Our talented people are the ones who truly make the difference. We use a highly consultative approach, we work closely with clients to uncover their challenges, and our significant investments in technology, commitment to innovation and broad industry expertise allow us to provide the sophisticated solutions they need. We deliver our solutions with a dedication to unsurpassed customer satisfaction. Role Profile & Responsibilites
The Head of Treasury Services - Asia Pacific is a senior executive role on the leadership team of Treasury Services. This key role has regional responsibility for Treasury Services which spans Business Development, Sales and Product. From strategy through to execution in a technology-forward, client-centric environment. The role includes direct oversight of the Relationship Management and Business Development function for the region, and other areas on a matrixed basis. This individual will partner with senior leaders in the Treasury Services business and throughout Asia Pacific to ensure functional strategies deliver business objectives. This individual will represent BNY Mellon Treasury Services in select industry and regulatory settings.
Accountability and leadership of Treasury Services business overall in the Asia Pacific region including what is delivered and sold to clients in the region. Direct P&L and business oversight and leadership responsibility.
• Directly lead and manage the Treasury Services Asia Pacific Business Development (Sales and Relationship Management) teams which are currently based in multiple countries through the region with concentrations in Singapore, China and Taiwan.
• Develop and execute the Treasury Services sales/business development strategy for Asia Pacific. Accountability for driving and executing a risk-controlled growth strategy in the region across target clients, segments, and markets. Direct revenue accountability and risk ownership for the covered client's specific to Treasury Services relationships and products. Represent Asia Pacific on Global Sales/Business Development leadership team.
• Provide regional leadership and oversight to the Treasury Services Asia Pacific -based Product Management teams, these Product Teams have dual-reporting into their respective global Product Management executives. Provide regional leadership and oversight to all other Treasury Services employees based in Asia Pacific
• Represent Treasury Services at Bank of New York Mellon Asia Pacific leadership committees.
• Regional Product oversight and leadership in the region across Treasury Services core products: Global Payments, Liquidity & Information Services, Payables & Receivables, and Trade Services. Ensure that Regional product strategies and roadmaps are developed and executed as appropriate. Ensure that Regional client- and market-needs are incorporated into global Product strategies and roadmaps.
• Ensure Treasury Services risk controls in Asia Pacific and as regards Regional clients are robust and appropriate. Represent Asia Pacific re global Treasury Services controls and risk as appropriate.
• Represent Treasury Services both internally and externally as appropriate. External representation would span clients, speaking events, industry forums, and regulatory engagement as appropriate.
• Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their contributions, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Continually coaches and monitors skill development of the team, ensuring that team members have access to and take advantage of formal and informal training opportunities, foster mentorships, etc. Actively sources for key roles and identifies candidates with existing relationships that would supplement the Banks relationships.
• Extensive internal coordination with relevant regional and global stakeholders to deliver on objectives. Qualifications Competencies
A breadth of industry knowledge, significant Treasury Services expertise, and client-segment insights will be the basis of experience that this individual holds, along with a deep appreciation of and entrepreneurial mindset for the role technology plays in this rapidly evolving industry. Managing and recognizing risks associated with the industry and products provided is critical. The successful candidate will be proficient in key BNY Mellon core competencies: Building Organizational Talent, Change Leadership, Client Orientation, Strategic Relationships, Driving Execution, Establishing Strategic Direction, and Global acumen. They will possess product expertise as a business leader in this high profile role and will be considered a trusted and senior advisor. Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum 15 plus years work experience; at least 5 years of Management leadership in a global financial services organization focused on Treasury Services (Cash Management, Trade Services, etc); prior experience should include P&L ownership & accountability.
• B.S. or B.A. required, MBA Preferred.
• Direct and significant experience working with clients to drive business growth within financial services.
• Product Management expertise in Treasury Services
• Detailed understanding of commercial models and financial acumen.
• Detailed knowledge of all regulatory, environmental and industry related issues which impact the financial services sector, with particular focus on risks and regulations most relevant to Treasury Services business
• Strong understanding of the key legal, compliance and risk principles that are relevant to the treasury business
• Advanced negotiation skills required to close complex transactions. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
Customer/Client Service Internal Jobcode:
TS REL MGMT AND BUS DEV-HR07024 Requisition Number: