Equity Financial Analyst - Asia ex-Japan
Hong Kong | Singapore
A Career in Long/Short Equities at Point72 Long/short equity is Point72's core strategy and its success is dependent upon our sector-based investing teams. Using fundamental research, our Research Analysts inform the investment strategies of our Portfolio Managers. Through our Point72 University, you have access to an unparalleled training and coaching curriculum - so you can create your best chance of success. We offer you a clear path based on your abilities, hard work, and performance. Join us for a career at the forefront of investing.
What you'll do You'll apply your financial acumen and curiosity to help shape your team's investment strategies. Using comprehensive research you've conducted on companies, industries, and sectors, you'll build financial models and investment theses. You will never stop learning, whether you're honing your idea generation skills or applying insights from alternative data analysis. More specifically, you will:
- Inform your team's investment strategies through sophisticated financial models
- Perform primary research; attend industry events; build relationships with sell-side analysts and research associates; and analyze big data
- Develop your skills through coaching from your Portfolio Manager and by using the full breadth of the Professional Development resources available to you
- Conduct yourself with the highest levels of professionalism and integrity in accordance with a best in class compliance program
What's required You're never satisfied with the obvious answer and are always asking the next question. We want you to bring that restless intellect - and your hunger to get it right - to our investing process. While each Analyst role is unique to the specific team, all require the following:
- 1+ years' experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or Public Investing
- Undergraduate degree
- Intellectual maturity, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A gritty work ethic and a ceaseless desire to learn
- Strong financial modeling, communication, and technical skills
We take care of our people We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Medical & Life Insurance benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Fitness Subsidy
- Tuition assistance
- Retirement Provident Fund (available for HK & SG)
About Point72 Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.