Based within the Product Control (Valuations) team of one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions. Performing regular independent price verification, oversight of provision and reserve. Reporting of regulatory prudent valuations. The primary focus is on Asia Equities Business, with additional control elements on Global Credit and Distressed Asia Credit Business.
- Performing and/or reviewing price Testing, Fair Value Adjustment & Market Data Uncertainty calculations in the Equities Derivatives and Prime business
- Interpreting and articulating valuation control results to Front Office, Risk, PC-Line and other members of Finance
- Providing independent valuations challenge, analysis, reporting and adhoc investigations, covering the full spectrum of products in the Equities business
- Covering elements of the Credit business (Special Situations & Structured Financing) along with Own Credit reporting
- Applying technical skills and knowledge of complex bookings in performing the role and to advance and improve existing processes and methodologies
- Collaborating closely with global PC-Valuation teams in various onshore and offshore locations
- You will proactively communicate and escalate valuation or business related observations and concerns on an ongoing basis to PC-Valuations management
- You will address questions or requests from internal/external audit, risk & controls team, and regulators as required
- Strong analytical,numerical, accounting graduate, able to understand complex derivative products, the associated risks and valuation challenges.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present and discuss complex issues with counterparts from Trading, Finance, Market Risk and other areas.
- Problem solving and flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing business events.