Enterprise Technology Operations - Engineering BCP Specialist
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Engineering BCP Specialist is a Risk Management role in Engineering which will oversee Business Continuity Planning (BCP) across the regional Engineering division at GS. The BCP team provides a framework of policies, governance and minimum standards to ensure the firms' business resilience and continuity of service is appropriately maintained.
BCP is essential to maintain critical business functions and continuity when emergencies of all types and severity occur. Maintaining plans to minimize impact on the firm's business, reputation, ability to perform critical function, impact the work environment and co-workers is paramount to the BCP role. The focus of the BCP Specialist is to develop strategic solutions to minimize disruptions, which could have a financial impact on the firm when disaster strikes.
In this capacity the individual will work closely with Engineering leadership to set strategic direction, design and implement business continuity plans for functions, people and applications across theEngineering division. Additionally, the Engineering BCP Specialist will work closely with Technology Infrastructure, Risk Management, Corporate Services and application development teams to coordinate (plan) and ensure the smooth execution of Technology (application and Infrastructure) events such as pandemic tests, concentration testing, Disaster Recovery testing as well as work on projects to improve the effectiveness of such programs across all regions (Americas, Asia, Bengaluru
and EMEA). ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS - ENGINEERING BCP
Engineering BCP is responsible for the strategic initiatives to reduce risk and improve resiliency throughout the operational organization. BCP ensures effective Engineering recovery plans are in place and in compliance with the firm's overall resiliency strategies to ensure continuity of operations in crisis events. BCP provides a platform for Engineering to validate recovery strategies across people, products, platforms and functions. To reduce resiliency risk and validate recovery strategies, BCP drives adoption of various Core and ETO platforms to automate and reduce manual efforts utilizing various Core and ETO products such as AutoBCP, HRS, Keystone, GS Maps and Chaos platforms. Furthermore, the organization identifies applications in scope for BCP testing, tracks exemptions and maintains evidence for Business Continuity test credit. BCP addresses the recovery sequencing problem by use of Topology mapping between applications and infrastructure in GSMaps and derives the recovery order and identification of key dependencies during outages. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Drive efforts around education, awareness and adoption of the BCP program within the Engineering division
- Engagement of business units in risk awareness, tracking, resilience decisions and planning
- Maintain strong relationships with the Core-4 groups across Technology, OGS Crisis Management and CSRE Facilities Management to facilitate robust planning, solutions and controls
- Support existing governance roles in resilience and risk committees, to ensure good engagement in threat awareness, exercises, testing, assurance and other awareness, planning and mitigation activities
- Day to day task/project management and contributing to projects designed to introduce/improve processes and tools to enhance the firm's risk management and recovery capabilities
- Partner with Technology Business Leaders to ensure critical applications supporting the business are recoverable, order of recovery is understood and that the recoverability is tested regularly
- Perform annual BCP tests on internal and industry drills to exercises and maintain test documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements Partner with Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA) and Internal Audit to ensure regulatory requirements are being met and comply with the firm's resiliency strategy
- Conduct and coordinate Business Impact Analysis (BIA) of business workflows to gain an understanding of business needs to create relevant solutions and workarounds during a business outage event
- Act as a trusted advisor to business divisions for business resilience, providing appropriate
guidance, business simulations and training on tools and risk mitigation strategies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- An understanding of any one, or more, of the following Technology Risk domains to include information security, business continuity, technology resilience, controls monitoring, risk assurance and risk governance
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work on one's own with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
- Strong process and project management skills with the ability to improve process efficiency and effectiveness
- Able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions for the business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to summarize complicated technical information to people with less technical knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to ask probing questions and drive clear incident write-ups
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels and the ability to develop and maintain good relationships with senior leadership, colleagues and clients
- Expertise in data analysis tools such as Tableau and QlikView
- 5+ years of experience in the business resilience space shaping program strategy with recent experience in the implementation of program uplift and change
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity