Enterprise Data â€" Financial Data and Analytics Solutions Specialist, Singapore
The Desktop Build Group (DBG) works closely with Bloombergâ€™s existing and prospective clients to find solutions to business needs using Bloombergâ€™s API for Excel. Last year we delivered over 2500 projects to clients and our Excel solutions on the Bloomberg Terminal are used by over 120,000 financial professionals. We are a global team with colleagues based in London, New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. What's the role?
You will use your financial market knowledge to consult our client base, helping them to develop and implement their investment strategies and research demonstrating our Excel APIs, VBA and our groundbreaking query language (BQL). Youâ€™ll directly impact our revenue by collaborating closely with our Sales Department and your solutions will be used by potentially thousands of financial market professionals.
Your role will involve full life-cycle development, from initial pitches to prospective clients, requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation, deployment and adoption. Your responsibilities will include:
Training and team support will allow you to gain:
- Proactively liaise with the Sales and Product teams to build strategic relationships with clients to impact sales revenue through the positioning of our DBG product suite
- Assist clients to onboard and develop their financial models on Bloomberg platform
- Maintain and support Excel models accessible via the Bloomberg Terminal
- Work closely with our Product Development and Software Engineering teams to help drive improvements to our Excel APIs
Youâ€™ll need to have:
- In depth knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal, the world's leading financial analytics platform for investment professionals, and Bloomberg APIs
- A deep understanding of financial markets and investment processes on both buy-side and sell-side
- A strong understanding of data science and Python
We'd love to see:
- 3 to 6 years of experience working in financial services or a financial technology company
- Experience in pitching quant products / research to external clients
- Experience developing financial models using MS Excel/VBA
- A strategic mindset and proven commercial acumen which allows you to weigh up the business opportunities of a project before execution
- Confidence to have highly articulate and consultative interactions with clients
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English
If this sounds like you:
- IT / Risk / Finance consulting or data vendor sales background
- CFA, technical business analyst or sell-side research background
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python, R or similar is preferred
- Experience or qualifications in Data Science
- Previous experience using Bloomberg Terminal or other data vendors
Apply if you think weâ€™re a good match. Weâ€™ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.