Engineering Officer II
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 Key Responsibilities:
The Ideal candidate should possess:
- To supervise technicians and contractors to execute all access fibre cable works in the area under his/her control in accordance with all established operation procedures and engineering instructions.
- Responsible for all fibre cable diversion works including those in conjunction with new commercial & housing development and backbone Fibre Network.
- Ensure that target dates (Customer Ready Date) for all access fibre cable schemes are met so that services can be provided expeditiously to customers.
- Take charge for the maintenance of fibre cables and attend to emergency cable breakdowns and system outage during and after office hours.
- Attend site meeting with other public bodies and private housing developers in connection with provision and diversion of underground plants.
- Close all fibre cable schemes accurately and promptly. Ensure that all reports are sent for updating promptly upon completion.
- To assist Manager to perform evaluation task for the introduction of new fibre cables and other associated accessories.
- To ensure the technicians and contractors follow safety procedure in accordance to the work health and safety act (WHSA) and to use appropriate safety equipment so as to complete the assigned job efficiently and safely.
- To perform order management using system for fibre based products.
- To take ownership and manage staff on fibre splicing, fibre termination, fibre patching and fiber testing for the provisioning and maintenance of fibre based products.
- Compile statistical reports on fiber network performance
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering/Telecommunications or in relevant field.
- At least 2 years of related working experience.
- Able to work during non-office hours on an occasional basis and be on 24 x 7 hours standby alert for ad-hoc faults.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.