Engineer, Prepaid & Core VAS
Singtel, Asia's leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values - Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence - shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it's like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let's create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020 Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate should have/be:
- To perform technical study and analysis for new Messaging services/features and to advise Product Management team on service design and creation.
- To design and configure Messaging service and business logic in Mobile Network System, and responsible for change and test management.
- To deploy, integrate and conduct testing for Messaging System and services, including System Upgrades and Updates.
- To drive the equipment vendor/solution provider to deliver timely resolutions for System and service problems.
- To provide advance technical support for Messaging System, including comprehensive technical study and analysis of impacted areas, investigation & troubleshooting to service problems or customers complaints.
- To review the service quality and performance of Mobile Messaging Service periodically.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in Engineering majoring in Computer Science, IP networking or telecommunications/mobile communication.
- Working experience in computer networking or the telecommunications industry, especially in the role of service delivery and implementation. Preference will be given to candidates with technical certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, ITIL4. Fresh Graduate without working experience will also be considered.
- Basic knowledge of telecommunications technologies, including Cloud Computing, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), NextGen Mobile Networks (5G), Cybersecurity, etc. Knowledge of value-added services such as mobile charging solutions including the postpaid and prepaid, short-messaging service, mobile gaming, or mobile commerce applications is an advantage.
- Able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written English.
- Good interpersonal skills, and be able to be both a leader and a team player across different groups and levels.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.