Engineer - T24 / Core Banking (Senior Associate / Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Engineer
in the IT Engineering
The Core Banking Development Engineer provides software development leadership and management of the development effort within core banking and back-office focused technology projects as part of the bank's wider program of transformation initiatives. The position entails designing and driving the implementation of development best practices, while playing a crucial role in spearheading technical analysis, design, development and system integration testing around our Core Banking application (Temenos T24) as well as related sub-systems covering trade processing, trade documentation, settlement and accounting. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development planning and delivery of system integration and technology development book of work for Core Banking / Back Office / Business Process Management applications.
- Work with Project Manager, Business Analyst and Test Managers to ensure efficiency of system integration test cycles and propose improvements required if defects are found. In addition to unit testing code, this includes supporting all testing cycles (System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing) ensuring all deliverables are aligned with technology development governance.
- Work with Technology Infrastructure and Technology Application teams to ensure through adequate system design and testing that Technology operations risks can be minimized and that application data is appropriately structured, controlled and utilized within the business.
- Provide technical support and expertise advice throughout all technical stages of projects, Change Request and third level support.
- Identify, define and coordinate development activities within a project or Change request, such as additional specific functionality, interfacing to external systems or conversion programs to be built.
- Provide guidance, training and advice to less experienced team members.
- Degree in an IT related discipline.
- Financial technology background experience (Wealth Management, Investment Management, Asset Management, Investment Banking preferred) with strong development experience including past software development role as well as previous experience in the integration of vendor solutions.
- 5-7 years hands-on experience in a T24 production support and / or environment as a technical consultant or lead role. Solid experience in T24 design and development.
- In-depth knowledge of customization of T24 environments. Thorough understanding of T24 application and all system administration tasks involved in maintaining a T24 environment. This should include knowledge of OFS batch routines and jBase administration, some technical exposure to TCS/TCC Connectors, TOCF, OFS and OFXML messages, data extraction, integration, T24 Tables, upgrading and installing new releases and patch installations.
- Ability to introduce inexperienced Temenos developers to customization and guide them in daily development.