Engineer - Microservices / API (1-year contract)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Software Engineer
in our IT Engineering team!
As a member of our software engineering group, we are looking for people who possess strong analysis, design capability and passionate around solving business problems through engineering practices. It is a must that candidate demonstrates skills of a good team player and a good team builder. Responsibilities:
- Participate in the requirements analysis phase with BA and provide inputs that need to be considered as part of the solution.
- Create and maintain architecture /design documents that are aligned with group architecture standards. Collaborate with architecture team to get the solution reviewed and endorsed in a timely manner.
- Provide support in investigating root causes of production defects and fix them within agreed SLA.
- Design & develop API and Micro services that provide reusable components for supporting BOS strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with upstream and downstream systems for designing interface solutions as per integration standards.
- Create code with quality frameworks like TDD, BDD.
- Help Tech lead in setting up Dev/Test environment and ensure test environment is stable without disruptions.
Optional Requirements (advantageous but not must):
- At least 3 to 7 years of experience in designing, developing, and troubleshooting enterprise quality web application in Java/J2EE
- Strong hands on with design patterns, clean code
- Experience in core java fundamentals, Java 8+, Spring, Springboot, testing framework Junit, Cucumber
- Strong hands on in Microservices (Springboot) and Restful API, ideally on Openshift platform
- Experience with MSSQL, PostgreSQL, data modelling, query development and performance optimization
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with middleware/messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, Kafka and exposure to event-driven design patterns
- Experience with spring batch, Control-M
- Experience with SCM and CI tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Maven, Jira
- Experience in ReactJS
- Experience in Spring Cloud
- Experience in developing micro-frontends