Electronic Trading Associate - Expert Summer Intern Programme - 2022
The team that powers electronic trading
The Statistical Modeling and Development team as part of Barclays' Front Office trading, creates eTrading (agency and internal algorithms) models, machine learning models, undertakes other data science and software development projects. The team partners with Sales & Trading, Technology, Risk and other control functions to deliver industry-leading algorithms for automated pricing, risk management and execution across all asset classes. Join us as an intern and discover where technical discipline and business intersect. What to expect
As an Electronic Trading intern, you'll take your first steps in the extremely challenging and fascinating world of algorithmic trading & data science. Working with a broad spectrum of colleagues, you'll learn how data science fits into our business. What's more, you'll help our team to turn mathematical and algorithmic ideas into trading reality.
Our programme runs in two streams - Research and Engineering. This allows us to align you with problems tailored to your skill sets and interests. In the Research stream, you will spend time modeling research, prototyping your theory and testing how it can function in various scenarios. The Engineering stream will allow you to code and learn how theory is converted into practice. Your pieces of code could even be delivered into a production style environment. In this intensely computing-based role, you could get involved in:
How you'll develop
- learning to use statistical models and algorithmic coding in practice
- test practical machine learning techniques
- researching and implementing new models
- expanding our computational platform by helping solve complex software development problems.
Throughout the summer, our support will help you deliver your best work. In our team-driven environment, you'll find that mentoring happens naturally and friendships are easy to form. Mentors will guide your progress, and networking and social events will provide a fully rounded experience.
As part of your summer experience, you'll receive performance feedback. By the time the summer's over, you'll walk away with a solid understanding of eTrading business, our culture and your potential place within it. We invite top-performing, eligible summer associates to join us full-time after graduation. To be considered for this programme, you must:
Who thrives here:
- be working towards a PhD or Master's in a technical discipline such as statistics, computer science, mathematics, physics, quantitative finance, operations research or similar
- be on track to complete your degree between December 2022 - June 2023.
- people with strong logical thinking, problem solving, mathematical aptitude
- people with exceptional computational thinking and strong programming skills in JAVA/C++, R, Python or similar programming languages
- communication skills and a teamwork mentality are key in this role.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.