Economist covering Indonesia, the Philippines, and Thailand for DBS Group Research- Group Research
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
DBS Group Research comprises of the Economics/Strategy, Equity and Credit research teams. Our Economics team consists of Economists covering currencies, interest rates, and economies of China/Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, India, ASEAN, Eurozone and US. Our Equity research has a network of analysts covering the Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Thailand and Korea stock markets. One distinctive feature is our unrivalled access to a broad range of companies around the region. In Asia, we employ in excess of 60 analysts covering more than 600 stocks. Combining active bottom-up research with sectoral and macro/thematic analysis (in conjunction with Economics and Markets Research), the team has been able to consistently identify moneymaking investment and trading ideas that outperform the rest.
Prepare macroeconomic analysis and forecasts, with the aim to:
- Build expertise on economies and markets for the bank;
- Guide investment decisions of DBS clients;
- Assist with the bankâ€™s investment policies and corporate decisions;
- Enhance the public profile of the bank.
- Analyse and forecast economic and policy developments of Indonesia, Philippines, and Thailand;
- Move beyond traditional macro analysis to extract insights using big data, automation, and coding;
- Draft macro commentaries for clients, management, and media.
- BA and MA in Economics/Finance;
- Background in data analysis and analytics (working knowledge of coding and internet-based analytics a bonus);
- Data management skills (with excel spreadsheets and data extraction from CEIC and Bloomberg);
- Drafting ability to prepare cogent country analysis on market developments and macro policy;
- Working knowledge of economic forecasting (with Excel and Eviews);
- Ability to read and make oral presentations in Bahasa Indonesia is required as incumbent is expected to work closely with clients in Indonesia
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.