Economics Business Analytics Sales Specialist
Job Description The Economics Business Analytics Sales Rep is a hybrid hunter / farmer role. You will be responsible for driving the entire sales process for our Research, Data and Risk models solutions and managing key accounts. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with specific strategic guidance and product overviews. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team who are looking to grow their potential and contribute to our mission. Responsibilities:
- Lead the full lifecycle sales process which includes identifying and initiating new sales opportunities by prospecting new clients, building on existing client relationships, giving sales presentations and contract negotiations.
- Contact clients to promote and secure their attendance at analyst meetings, roundtables, briefings, teleconferences and other events.
- Promote awareness regarding publications and new research to the client base
- Work with sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Responsible for providing sales support by assisting with client demonstrations, training, and on-site visits to improve sales and customer satisfaction.
- Drive the development of business within assigned territories.
- Build relationships across client and prospect organizations to maintain desired pipeline levels.
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Assess the needs of the client by identifying specific cause of underlying problems and proposes innovative solutions based on their business requirements.
- Identify additional products and services that clients may benefit from and introduce them appropriately into dialogue with clients.
- Begin development as a market expert and provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as the main liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organization on each services opportunity.
- Assist in the preparation and circulation of market insight comments to create awareness of Moody's expertise internally and externally.
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Position requires travel which is largely self-managed and planned in advance (approximately 20% to 40% of your time).
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) is essential. Subjects such as Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing or related fields are highly desirable. Candidates with degrees from other disciplines will also be considered.
- Experience working in direct business-to-business sales roles with a focus on serving financial services and/or corporate treasury customers.
- Solid understanding of different parts of the global financial services industry, including market dynamics and customers' business drivers.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex sales cycles to successful conclusion through use of consultative selling techniques.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with senior executives both internally and externally.
- Fluency in English is essential. Ability in Asian languages is advantageous.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.