Economic Analyst (Macro and Financial Markets)
- Permanent, Full time
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- 18 Oct 18
We are seeking an Economic Analyst/Economist in the IMF Representative Office in Singapore, reporting directly to the Resident Representative. This role spans financial market analysis across Asia as well as macroeconomic analysis primarily related to Singapore and Malaysia. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an organization of 189 countries, working to foster global monetary cooperation, secure financial stability, facilitate international trade, promote high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world. The Singapore Representative Office supports the IMF’s global work and is the primary channel of engagement with the Singaporean government and other local stakeholders.
• Preparing regular short notes analyzing topical macroeconomic or financial issues and quarterly South East Asia focused chart packs.
• Drafting daily Asia-focused updates on financial market developments as part of the IMF’s global market monitoring.
• Contributing to the analysis presented in the IMF’s flagship semi-annual financial publication, the Global Financial Stability Report.
• Monitoring current economic and political developments in Malaysia/Singapore.
• Maintaining/building databases and preparing presentations.
• Participating on a selective basis in relevant conferences and meetings with government officials, private sector, and academics.
• The candidate should have a master’s degree in finance, economics, or a related field. Exceptional candidates with a bachelor’s degree and strong work experience will be considered.
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience in financial markets or macroeconomic analysis.
• Strong analytical skills. Adept at conducting high-quality data analysis independently.
• Strong writing skills. Ability to deliver concise, insightful written analysis under tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with colleagues both within and across time zones.
• Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
• Exceptionally strong skills in Excel, familiarity with econometric packages (Eviews, Stata, R, or similar) preferred
• Knowledgeable in Bloomberg, Haver Analytics, and other economic/financial databases and information services