ESG Product Specialist
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
ESG Product Specialist The Location:
Singapore, Hong Kong The Team:
Within the S&P Global Market Intelligence Commercial organization, Product Specialists are expected to identify, analyze, and propose solutions relating to specific products and services. Within our product suite which includes ESG, Portfolio Analytics, Risk Services, Quantamental Solutions, MMD, LCD, Industry Solutions, Product Specialists are domain and knowledge experts.
This will be a new team within Market Intelligence, founded to build and grow market share through the adoption of S&P Global's ESG (Sustainable 1) products. Our ESG offerings provide financial institutions, corporations, and governments an unmatched level of clarity and confidence to successfully navigate the transition to a sustainable future. As part of the new ESG Specialist Team, we focus on providing clients with an in- depth and consultative approach to drive ESG workflows adoption on the Capital IQ Pro Desktop and Data Management Solutions (DMS) datafeed. The Impact:
These roles drive revenue growth through client adoption, retention and growth working with Commercial Teams, Product Management, and Client Operations to promote Market Intelligence's ESG adoption across all client segments. Your role will help identify client needs and construct ESG solutions, via the Capital IQ Pro Desktop and Data Management Solutions (DMS) data feed. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- This role will cover the following geographic territories and segments: ASEAN and other Asia Pacific regions
- Support existing MI ESG platform clients with a strong focus on ESG workflows on the desktop, and Excel plug-in and MI ESG Data feed.
- Respond attentively to client questions, help clients get the most out of our ESG solutions, and work with Sales and Relationship Managers Teams to reach exceed revenue and usage targets
- Drive significant increases in the total users of MI ESG Desktop and MI ESG Datafeed.
- Strong understanding of ESG and financial modeling
- Mastery of solutions related to ESG Portfolio Analysis, such as financial portfolio analysis, carbon footprinting, TCFD reporting, exposure to fossil fuels, and physical risk from climate change under varying future scenarios
- Conduct advanced product demos that are specific to client workflows and help to design the best solution to fit a prospect or client's needs.
- Possess a firm understanding of the diagnostic sales process and employ its principles and techniques when engaging with a prospect or client.
- Consolidate regional market feedback for product development/enhancement.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders such as Product Management, Excel Modeling and the Sustainable1 teams and collaborate across borders with other Product Specialists. serving in similar capacities.
- Collaborate with above teams on thought leadership, discovering new workflows and market entry strategies.
- Develop a complete understanding of competitors' products and be able to articulate S&P Global ESG competitive differentiation and value
- Research and analyze environmental and social issues from an investment perspective and collaborate with S1 and commercial teams
- Research and ad-hoc leadership around portfolio climate risks and transition alignment.
- Represent the firm externally to clients
- Analyze and keep abreast of evolving public policies dialogue.
- Contribute to Go-To-Market efforts and marketing campaigns.
- 3+ years of experience in ESG data and research industry, 7-10 years total experience
- Degree in finance, business administration or a degree in a sustainability-related science field, including environmental economics, climate science and Earth Science
- Sound understanding of the competitive ESG data landscape and upcoming regulations
- Strong level of computer skills including MS Office proficiency
- Good understanding of SQL Databases, Data Management workflow tools and analytics
- Good understanding of investment processes and how ESG data can be applied in various investment applications
- Understanding of financial and risk application of ESG in Banking and Insurance industry
- Understanding of the ESG application for Corporate Clients, for example supply chain assessment, peer analysis, Corporate ESG assessment and Investor Relations
- Firm understanding of TCFD and Paris Alignment
- Firm understanding of workflow solutions for the Capital IQ Pro Desktop platform and/or other financial data vendor.
- A mixture of Finance, business, commercial and technical skills are necessary.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- CFA Charter holder
- CFA ESG Certification
- Advanced academic credentials in applicable sciences (Environmental Economics, Climate Sciences, Earth Sciences)
- 2 years demonstrated experience in climate science, energy system modeling, or alternatively, carbon markets.
- Fluency in English; other Asian language abilities will be highly sought after
- Desire to work at the nexus between climate risks and financial markets.
- Understanding of public policy evolution toward Paris Alignment.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Independent, self-starter capable of working without close supervision or daily guidance
- Some experience and ability to apply the core concepts of our diagnostic sales methodology
- Passion for data driven analytic solutions
- A high level of client service and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of the equity, fixed income/credit or industry specific investment process. Prior experience in selling to or interacting with Investment Management and Investment Banking clients, Private Equity, Banking and Insurance.
- Understanding on how ESG impacts and is utilized by Corporates outside of Finance
- Constructive team player, capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple projects across different teams or business segments
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
265677 Posted On: