At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Franklin Templeton Investment Solutions (FTIS) is looking for an ESG Engagement Oversight Senior Analyst or ESG Engagement Oversight Analyst to join the team in Singapore. This new position will pioneer, develop and support a program for effective stewardship, including collaborative engagement in partnership with stakeholders for Asia.
With a global platform, FTIS team offers full spectrum investment expertise with the ability to identify, select and offer solutions from the full suite of Franklin Templeton’s investment strategies as well as external managers.
The team will work in close collaboration with the Sustainability and Stewardship Council leaders to determine and implement the Council’s agenda. Led by the Global ESG Strategy Director, the team will liaise across business functions, identifying talent and nurturing partnerships as we collectively build Franklin Templeton to be a sustainability investing leader.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Work consultatively with investment teams and the proxy voting group to:
- Identify potential themes for targeted engagement by investment teams in accordance with the key strategic priorities of Franklin Templeton
- Support the development and implementation of engagement and voting policies, respecting the variances of investment philosophies that flourish at Franklin Templeton and promoting their alignment with the long-term interests of our clients and society in general
- Monitor engagement progress and outcomes and provide advice on proxy voting activities as appropriate
- Advise on the development of market leading sustainability/ESG core messaging to internal and external clients, and increase wider recognition of Franklin Templeton’s sustainability investing capabilities.
- Advise on the development of sustainability reporting across client segments, demonstrating skill and ability to tailor content by region, asset class, and client type
- Develop and support a program for collaborative engagement in partnership with key stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to pull together the major strands of our sustainability/ESG initiatives to weave a cohesive message to investors and the wider market
- Share best practice engagement approaches across the investment teams, deepening their understanding of global challenges in relation to sustainability, and enabling them to identify material risks and opportunities across asset classes.
- Develop, in collaboration with the sustainable business analyst, an understanding of sustainable investment strategies of Franklin Templeton, key competitors and market trends,
- Advise, in collaboration with the sustainable business analyst, on the development of sustainability-related responses to Sales/RFP & DDQs
- Prepare, in collaboration with the sustainable business analyst, the annual PRI transparency report and Stewardship report,
- Develop, in collaboration with the sustainable business analyst, sustainability training materials for on-going education needs for internal and external audiences.
- Integrate, in collaboration with the Sustainable Strategy team, findings and feedback across the organization and from clients and key stakeholders to calibrate and improve our Stewardship and Sustainability approach.
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree, with a demonstrable understanding of corporate affairs and experience in ESG issues on the investment or corporate side
- At least 5 years of experience in a relevant or complementary field, preferably at a global asset owner/asset manager
- Understanding of equities investing required at a minimum. Relevant experience working with/for Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and similar investor initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate and influence across a broad range of sophistication levels
- Ability to thrive in a highly matrixed, global environment and remain empathetic, passionate and resilient.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team player and independently, with proven ability to work across different teams and functions.
- Due to the region coverage, additional Asian languages like Bahasa Melayu, Mandarin and/or Cantonese will be desirable
- Seniority of the role will depend on candidate’s relevant experience
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.