- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
- 19 Jan 18
ERC/OTRC – Risk and Control Officer
ERC/OTRC – Risk and Control Officer
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17076134
Partnering with Business and O&T partners, to effectively and efficiently provide Risk and Control oversight in line with the Core OTRC functions and activities within the Country. Help improve the control environment through targeted proactive reviews, the performance of regular tests plans and the monitoring of Key Control metrics and dashboards to ensure Citi requirements are adhered. Assist with all aspect of the ERC/OTRC functions, including CoB support, where required.
Major Job Responsibilities:
OTRC Core Functions
- Support the Core OTRC activities in the Execution of the overall OTRC Risk Management process which covers the MCA and eDCFC Process, Issue & CAP Management, Audit Management, Incident and Loss event monitoring, New Product Oversight, Internal Citi and Regulatory Policy Change Management, Key Control Metrics Monitoring and Reporting, Governance & Management Committees, Records Management Program, CoB Support, TPM Program, FATCA/CRS coordination, and any other activities and initiatives in ERC/OTRC.
Proactive Control Reviews
- Participate in proactive Risk based control reviews - (focusing on controls that are reliant on geographic presence in country - coordinating with product aligned, regional and global teams).
- Test Plans - Ensure the execution of the ICG OTRC test plans , relevant to the Country ICG OTRC team, including the tests over O&T balance sheet controls
- Act as In Country Contact point for ICG O&T related CAPS, IA monitoring, Escalations, errors and PLE monitoring
- Support Country O&T Management through the policing of Nostro & Suspense A/c monitoring and policing of break remediation .
- Central in-country coordination O&T liaison for the Global reconciliation Utility (GRU) and the Finance/BSS Global Proofing Unit (GPU).
- Account owner for Shared Nostros and other Shared operational account on the eRecon Application
Continuity of Business Support
- Oversight of the implementation of the CoB Policy and Standards requirements and other CoB Program elements
- Ensure Completion of BIAs (Business Impact Analysis), BRPs (Business Recovery Plans), and CMPs (Crisis Management Plans). Coordination of the testing of BRPs and CMPs, escalation of issues, Training and Awareness
- Oversee business unit compliance with local and Global Business Continuity-related regulations in conjunction with the regional Business Continuity Management Team(s). Provides direction and support to all Business Recovery Coordinators (BRCs) and Business Unit Heads (BUHs) within the Country
- Ensure effective COB process in place and enhance overall business continuity preparedness program and methodology to be in line with the bank's global policy and local regulatory requirement
- Support and provide guidance and facilitate regulatory reviews for internal and external audits
- Implement the CoB Policy and Standards for all business units
- Identify control issues and assist with the development of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) to mitigate identified risks
- In charge for coordination, implementation and oversight of the records management programs for units and country as a whole to ensure in compliance with the records Management Policy.
- Coordinating with all departments to ensure proper roll out on Records Management Governance tools
- Serve as the single point of contact for the Global Records Management Office for the assigned business sector or function.
- Liaise with the Business and Legal to coordinate updates to retention schedules and integrate records management requirements into business processes and IT systems to drive proper classification, storage and disposal of records.
- Oversee inventory management to ensure adherence to the applicable retention schedule, facilitate annual reconciliation of inventory and report to Global Records Management any risks and mitigation activities related to the Program
- Responsible for implementing risk-based continuous improvement processes, and periodic reviews of RM procedures
- Managing the MRC for the country retention schedule
Project Management, Transformation and Optimization:
- Lead and participate in the re-organization of non-Core activities and miscellaneous tasks within OTRC, to reflect the latest structure, in line with the Regional and Global model for ERC/OTRC.
- Assist in transferring activities out of OTRC, where appropriate, by leveraging the activities performed by the offshore CSCs including: GRU, GPU, PMA and BSER, as well as the ICG O&T teams where possible.
- Identify opportunities, lead and/or support any initiatives to streamline and/or automate control processes within ERC/OTRC for transformation and optimization purposes
- Minimum five years in the Financial Services industry
- Minimum three years in an Internal Audit, Risk Management, or Control related role
- Good understanding of Information Security, COB, Outsourcing, and Records Management, and expertise in Operations, Technology Risk Management, Operations, and Proofing and Reconciliation
- Ability to assert and influence and clearly articulate risks and issues
- Ability to lead and drive controls across the products and functions irrespective of reporting lines
- Ability to manage through influence (e.g. management in the absence of reporting lines or with matrix reporting)
- Ability to build rapport and work closely with key country and regional stakeholders and partners within and outside the country
- Up-to-date understanding of key risk and control concepts, tools and trends relating to risk identification, rating and prioritization, mitigation, and reporting, Operational Loss treatment,
- Team player
- Risk-based thinking and analytical mindset
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to multi-task and manage concurrent projects and deliverables
- Proficient in the use of basic Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and analytical tools