ED, Credit Cards Customer Engagement & Retention
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- The role holder is responsible for leading the development of global Credit Cards Customer Engagement and retention for credit cards customers within the context of the wider global Credit Cards & Personal Loans ("CCPL") strategy.
- This includes agreeing these strategies with the relevant region and country level stakeholders, along with associated financial and non-financial targets and periodically reviewing performance against these targets in line with the Group's performance management frame-work.
- While country CCPL Heads are accountable for the CC customer engagement and retention, and the resultant profitability, the role holder is concurrently held accountable for the results, financial and non-financial.
The role holder is accountable for managing customer engagement and for defining and strategies and delivery technologies that satisfy the needs of the business, and are in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements, including:
- Providing strategies and execution plan to manage early month on book engagement, supplementary card on boarding, increasing credit card spending and debit activity, dormant customer activation and closure, and customer retention management; overall programme profitability, segment targeting and working with risk management to ensure they are EVA positive. Coding these into PPGs.
- Leveraging advanced analytics and collaborating with risk teams to provide thought leadership on risk and pricing frameworks to enable markets to deploy customer engagement and retention strategies that are EVA accretive and within risk appetite.
- Leveraging analytics and collaborating with regional and country teams to track performance and identify opportunities for performance enhancement.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the RB organization to provide support in the market and direction around customer engagement opportunities and execution upon them.
- Digitise the offerings and fulfilment journey for customer engagement to ensure that service is instant and low cost. Customer attrition and inactivity to be actively managed to ensure acquisition effort pays most dividend.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to help develop relevant products and propositions for the target client segments.
- Work closely with:
- TPS Vendors
- RTOB team
- Digital aggregators
- Large digital players
- Strategic Partners
- Distribution teams
- Retail banking teams
to create global scale and innovation to grow the business at scale. Processes
The role holder is responsible for:
People and Talent
- Will engage with risk control owners and / or group policy owners for the implementation of policies and control standards set by them .
- Ensuring appropriate procedures and controls are in place to operate within the group credit and operational risk tolerance and appetite.
- Defining and driving global (versus local) regulatory and compliance standards for managing customer engagement and retention and working closely with markets to ensure they are met.
- Building the right conduct culture in managing customer engagement.
- Collaborate across the RB organisation to identify, prioritize and design customer engagement and retention processes for rationalization, simplification, standardization and digitization for effectiveness, efficiency and market relevance.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations and work in collaboration with partners.
- Ensure holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles, including effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Collaboratively partner with risk teams to ensure risk management procedures and processes are effectively implemented to operate within operational and credit risk appetite.
- Partner with country CCPL teams for a robust risk management environment by identifying key risks and issues and ensuring effective mitigating measures and controls are implemented.
- Work collaboratively with countries and functions to ensure any audit findings are suitably rectified.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Develop and implement a clear structure of accountability to ensure team members can perform their roles successfully and there is clear oversight and decision making, including by relevant Committees.
- Take responsibility for assessing the effectiveness of arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in business, and if necessary, oversee change in these areas.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Take responsibility for delivering 'effective governance' and to challenge fellow executives effectively
- Work with regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead Global Personal Loans New Customer Acquisitions to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Retail Bank Top Team
- Regional Heads of Products and Segments
- Country RB Heads
- Country CCPL Heads
Our Ideal Candidate
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to create positive impact .
- Embed here for Good and Group's brand and values across the retail bank.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Business, Function, Region or Country policies and procedures.
- Post Graduation / MBA.
- Minimum 12 years financial services experience, with 8 years in personal loans / consumer lending.
- Personal Loans New Customer Acquisition experience, across channels and business models.
- Strong understanding of analytics and solid numerical skills.
- Good interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Positive attitude, high energy, ability to work under pressure and to tough deadlines
- Lead and energize people
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .