ED/SVP , Platform Architect (Digital Platform) Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
In our digital transformation journey ahead, we intend to build loosely coupled but tightly aligned components that are built expecting to be reused while anticipating change.
All of our applications must adopt common services, platforms, architectural principles, and design patterns.
As engineering teams design and build new capabilities & features, they need to begin with an end-state vision of how their applications will operate within this architecture and then, engineer them accordingly.
This sets a common set of parameters and tools for software development and provides a consistent approach to security, maintainability and reliability. In addition, architectural agility has a causal relationship with potential strategic and operational benefits.
The Platform Architect is responsible for enabling the above ambition and driving the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future enterprise business strategy.
Technical Skills & work experience
- Provide technical vision, strategy, and execute the long-term architectural direction, with emphasis on platforms/ Product reusable components
- Develop a deep knowledge of our customers & collaborate with stakeholders to gather business and functional platform requirements and translate requirements into technical specifications and architectures that are robust, scalable and supportable
- Identify and evaluate alternative design options and trade-offs to handle both functional and non-functional requirements. Recommend designs that consider current applications & architecture, operating models as well as end target state architecture
- Perform architecture feasibility analysis and make recommendations to senior leadership regarding product architecture options
- Develop and document architecture specifications that serve as the reference for engineering and execution
- Responsible for end to end architecture, high- & low-level designs of various systems and applications in line with Singapore & regional strategy. Lead the preparation of detailed design specifications to form the basis for development & modification of applications. Define integration patterns
- Ensure adoption and implementation of defined solutions. Provide technical expertise to enable the application design & iteration. Collaborates with technical teams to develop and agree system integration plans and review progress
- Create a platform roadmap to cloud native architecture. Ensure adoption and implementation of roadmap through team work
- Support change programs/ project through technical plans & application of design principles that comply with enterprise and solution architecture standards
- Lead governance forums required to create harmony in application architectures
- Ensure that Extensions and additions to the defined architecture are undertaken frequently in line with every evolving business and technology landscape but go through rigorous vetting processes.
- Ensure that the collaborative nature of capabilities such as design and engineering is coupled with tight governance around non-negotiables like security, availability and performance.
- Recruit, develop and grow top technical talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning and retention strategies for key talent in a highly competitive economic environment.
- Further the culture of product innovation and excellence, characterized as highly collaborative, execution-focused, customer-centric and high velocity
- Provide clear and consistent leadership, management, and mentoring
- Proven experience as an Architecture leader with overall experience of 15+ years with at least 8+ years in banking industry
- Demonstrated ability to understand business strategy & processes & its successful translation into technology solutions
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Excellent knowledge of technical architecture and modern design patterns, including microservices, serverless functions etc.
- Deep End-to-End Architecture understanding, including Enterprise Java Stack, Front-End technologies, mobile applications (Android and iOS), Middleware, Databases (SQL & No SQL), Data Warehouses, RESTful APIs
- Experienced in streaming technology including frameworks such as Kafka
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Integration and Messaging Patterns, SOA Governance practices.
- Experienced working in a cloud native work environment, spring cloud data, Spring Security, oAuth, service monitoring on cloud, PaaS environment such as Pivotal.
- Deep understanding in AI technologies (Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP, etc.), enterprise software and services
- Familiar with one or more Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF etc.)
- Good understanding of DevOps
- Experienced in Agile methodology.
- Need to be an exceptional builder of great people
- Highest standards of Collaboration & Teamwork are critical to this role
- Strong communication skills & ability to engagement senior management on strategic plans, leading project steering committees and status updates etc.
- Excellent problem analysis skills. Innovative and creative in developing solutions
- Ability and willingness to be hands-on, Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple concurrent initiatives
- Excellent organizational, vendor management, negotiation, and prioritization skills