EDAG User Project Lead (1-year Contract)
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 18 Mar 18
EDAG User Project Lead (1-year Contract)
The Data Management Office (DMO) is a business function that covers Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management, Big Data Analytics and Enterprise Data Strategy. Data Management Office ensures that UOB meets all data governance standards set by data regulators and optimize data management and usage to help UOB make smarter, faster and more accurate decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
The Enterprise Data Strategy (EDS) within the DMO Own the E2E Data Strategy for the group. EDS drives the ddelivery of Strategic Data and Analytics that is cross functional and regions that supports strategy development, monitoring and decision making. EDS also set the Group Data Strategy and Drive adoption and value creation through projects and initiatives. Manage all the data projects from all internal consumers to ensure data consistency, integrity and confidentiality for its intended use.
You will be leading a team within the Project Services team in the implementation of the New Enterprise Data Warehouse project. Your main responsibilities include:
- Define the project scope
- Lead the gathering, prioritising and validation of business requirements through interviews, workshops, working sessions (e.g. brainstorming sessions), and from other information and documents.
- Ensure solution design is standardized and scalable to avoid exceptions and manual processes
- Work with the business to ascertain alternatives for key business problems.
- Act as a liaison between the business and logistics operations teams to ensure business project needs are adequately met with technology solutions.
- Manage, plan, prioritise and organise project activities
- Develop business project plans/schedules while balancing business needs and expectations.
- Identify and manage business stakeholders.
- Identify and manage business project team to major milestones.
- Define project roles and obtain key business personnel to support project roles.
- Prioritise and delegate key project tasks to team members.
- Identify and manage project risks throughout the life of the project.
- Responsible for user acceptance testing structuring and coordination, including writing test scripts and executing some test scripts depending on business resource availability.
- Preparation of training materials or overseeing the preparation of training materials, depending on business resource availability.
- Responsible for post-implementation audits to include expected versus actual improvements to the overall supply chain as a result of the implementation of the project.
- Clear and regular communication on project activities
- Communicate to management and stakeholders to provide clarity in the project scope, timelines, risk, benefits across the project life cycle on a regular basis.
- Champion business change management, ensuring the business is prepared for the change.
- Work or liaise effectively with business representatives.
- Develop project documentation
- Write formal business requirements documents for projects/enhancements.
- Map as-is and to-be processes, design new business processes and re-engineer existing business processes, and define operational process metrics.
- Assist business units in creating quality documents required for project approvals.
- Partner with the business to create documentation for Senior Management on selected projects.
- Develop and maintain issue logs to ensure accountability for resolution of key issues.
- Drive vendors effectively to achieve project deliverables and ensure project is delivered on schedule
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional qualifications with at least 10 years of working experience in banking industry, preferably with business / functional knowledge; of which at least 4 years of Project Management experience
- Experience in Data Warehousing and Big Data ecosystem is required. Knowledge of architecting and modeling in Systems Integration, Data Warehousing, BI tools and Big Data platforms
- Good written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action.
- Good team player who possesses drive and initiative;
- Excellent written / oral communication skills to effectively interact with different stakeholders and external vendors, able to work independently under pressure.