Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a major shipping firm looking to bring on board a Ship Broker to their team in Singapore.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Directly facilitate and execute deals between two parties (owners/charters/traders/operators)
- Interpret current market trends and stay current with shipping information to identify new opportunities for clients.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients across the dry bulk space (iron ore, grains, coal, steel, cement, fertilizer, bauxite, bulk minerals etc)
- Maintain company’s records of tonnage, rates, vessel positons and cargoes
- Responsible for negotiating and handling contracts for Supramax, Handymax, Capesize, Panamax vessels to maximise profits
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 4 years of dry bulk shipbroking experience with a strong understanding of Supramax, Handymax, Capesize and Panamax vessels
- Transferable portfolio of clients is mandatory
- Experience in the Asian dry bulk market is an advantageous
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Currently based in Singapore or willing to relocate