Our client is a leading institution in the education segment looking for a director operation from education or services industry. Provides leadership with regard to the strategic school operations and manages all day-to-day operations of the building. Requires an organized professional to manage the business side of a school, including skills that ensure thoroughness and accuracy as well as have the capacity to build systematic processes for a changing organization.
- Oversee all bookkeeping functions with vendor support, including budget development and amendments, monthly financial statements and reporting and receipt of revenues
- Create and implements policies for managing all money/fees, such as student billing, inventory of paid and owed fees, petty cash
- Work with Principal to identify purchasing needs early to ensure timely provision of goods and services
Compliance and Reporting
- § Responsible for all compliance and reporting activities
- Develop and manage a Master Calendar to ensure that activities are completed in a timely manner and ensures that school staff are trained appropriately to complete the activities
- Manage the school lunch program or vendor-managed program, including processing lunch status forms
- Ensure that special education compliance reporting is managed by school staff and/or vendor
- Ensure that Board policies are implemented
- Manage relationships with transportation, technology, vending machine, teacher/officsupplies, student’s uniform and textbook vendors, among others, including overseeing and approving purchases. Initiates and manages contracts; monitor performance and
- manage issues raised by vendors Manage competitive bidding processes where applicable
- Maintain close relationship with building landlord and vendors to ensure that the physical facility and infrastructure supports the needs of the school program.
- Provides feedback on facilities vendor performance
- Oversee space planning and assignment to ensure available space for current year activities as well as the next school year
- Ensure that the School Safety and Security Plan are implemented and that drills are conducted to ensure that all in the school are prepared for emergency situations.
- Determine school needs and manage technology purchasing to support program.
- Determine support needs; establish and manage contract for day-to-day technology support
Payroll & Human Resources
- Work with Principal to anticipate staffing and hiring needs and initiate strategic recruitment activities. Maintains relationships with key partners such as Teach for America
- Amend and review employee contracts for customization and additional work assignments.
- Ensure that HR files are “audit ready” and that all teachers are highly qualified
- Work with Principal to draft employee performance goals and evaluation processes, to be used to inform performance bonus program