Director Upstream Consulting
We are looking for an experienced upstream technical hire to join our growing APAC consulting team, in Beijing and/or Singapore.
The IHS Markit (IHSM) APAC upstream consulting team provides bespoke research and advisory services to clients in business, financial markets, and government, for matters including: portfolio strategy, acquisitions, divestitures, farm-outs and other transactions, exploration strategy and bid rounds, major capital projects, operating/financial benchmarking and performance improvement, technology, market studies across the O&G value chain, and E&P regulatory policy, fiscal terms and country risk.
In this role, you will take on a combination of responsibilities including: delivery and management of consulting engagements (market analysis, due diligence, strategic advisory), structuring complex - technically and organizationally - client problems, business development and development of proposals. Successful candidates will prefer working with people as part of a team, in an entrepreneurial office environment, tackling important industry challenges that are complex or ill-defined, seeing the 'big picture' while also delving into the details, performing data analytics and synthesizing information, and developing/communicating a compelling story. Director Roles Lead the delivery of consulting solutions
- on-time and under-budget - managing the prudent use of all company resources, having mastered the "weeds" of our content and delivery, from proposal-to-final deliverable, including: what questions to answer, analytical roadmaps, information sources and tools, when and where to collaborate internally, optimal workflow, outlines for each deliverable, content synthesis and insight, strategic implications, QA/QC, and client management. Build our APAC team
through collaboration, hands-on coaching, education & training, detection/correction, resolve disputes, propose solutions to problems. Invest in market development
to prompt reverse inquiry through active industry networking and provocative external messaging pushes on topical themes that have commercial viability. Penetrate the hallways of key accounts
- winning the confidence of our AMs, colleagues and Clients - to cultivate dialogue with important people on important issues to develop commercial relationships. Sell solutions
by advancing and highlighting (internally and externally) capabilities/service lines most relevant to client pain-points. Lead scoping dialogue to bridge Client needs and Consulting solutions with the best combinations of needs, budget and scope. Education
- Advanced degree(s) in geosciences and/or petroleum engineering, with preference given to leading graduates with advanced degrees from top schools.
- Further education CFA, MBA or PhD preferred
- Candidates should have familiarity with, the E&P industry and client advisory- management consultant, I-banker, internal consultant, or engineering/technical consultant
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter
- Commercial understanding
- Business development mindset
- Balance of strategic thinking and attention to detail, understands the application of economic principles to E&P business decisions, excellent presentation and communications skills
- IHSM E&P tools such as EDIN, ENERDEQ, Que$tor, Ope$t, Harmony, Vantage, ArcGIS, KINGDOM, Performance Evaluator, Herold M&A and SEAM Databases, UCAB & Portfolio Tool an advantage
- Fluent in English & Chinese highly desirable
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.