Director Sustainability Risk APAC
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The individual will report into the Head of Sustainability Risk, as part of the Global Reputational, Sustainability and Climate Risk department within Credit Risk. The Sustainability Risk team aims to protect and bring value for the bank through managing environmental and social risks relevant to the bank's business, supporting the bank's business strategy and culture, and responding to the complex matrix of partner expectations.
As a senior team member, the role-holder will advise senior management in divisional and global committees in APAC and will represent Sustainability Risk in working groups. Provide guidance and support to team members and other business partners in the APAC region and beyond, in addition to performing BAU duties as follows: Sustainability risk reviews
Development of policies and processes
- Protect the bank's reputation by Identifying and evaluating environmental and social risks associated with our client relationships and business transactions, including Equator Principles transactions
- Responsible for implementation of Credit Suisse sustainability policies and external commitments, including the Equator Principles.
- Seek to support the maintenance and development of internal client and transaction classification tools with sustainability risk expertise and content
- Build capacity for sustainability risk management with front office, control functions and within the global Sustainability Risk team.
- Provide a sustainability risk and associated reputational risk perspective on green- / sustainable-labelled transactions, and support development of appropriate guidance
- Build and maintain Global sector-specific policies and thematic guidelines that assist with the defined risk appetite of the bank on environmental and social issues, ensuring that policies and processes meet the evolving expectations of banking regulators.
- Support the further development and implementation of the bank's Client Energy Transition Framework (CETF) to manage climate risks associated with client relationships and transactions
- Identify and monitor emerging sustainability issues and relevant industry standards in a fast paced environment, from an APAC and global perspective, and raise internal awareness
Your future colleagues
- Maintain professional relations with non-governmental organizations, business associations and industry working groups covering environmental and social topics in the APAC region, sharing insight with colleagues.
- Support media and investor relations and other internal functions with sustainability risk expertise
- Assist with the Credit Suisse's disclosure through the annual Sustainability Report and other publications
Sustainability Risk is an international, fast-paced team with a global mandate that is passionate about environmental and social issues. A pronounced team spirit, diverse profiles and deep expertise guarantee an exciting working environment as well as the opportunity to further develop your professional and personal skillset.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values You Offer
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.