Director, Strategy Development: Benchmark Advocacy
Director, Strategy Development: benchmark advocacy The Location:
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12/13 The Role/Team:
Director of Strategy Development will focus on driving commercial benchmark advocacy in strategic markets in APAC and the Middle East. They will lead dialogue with Platts customers aiming to drive adoption and wide use of Platts benchmarks and insights in customer workflows. The role will closely partner with editorial, analytics and commercial client development teams in the region to effectively position and embed Platts's strengths and capabilities in commodity benchmarks. An immediate strategic priority for this role will be in China, hence knowledge of commodity markets and customers there, as well as language skills will be a strong advantage in this role. This role will be part of the Commercial Strategy team and reports into the Senior Director of Global Commercial Strategy. The Impact:
In this senior role, a successful candidate will play an important role in developing commercial strategy in the region, shape dialogue and drive adoption of Platts benchmarks. They will actively partner with the regional leadership in the region and will provide commercial subject matter expertise across markets. They will also share thoughtful customer insights across commercial and content teams and assess competitive threats in the region. They will stay on top key regional developments and, where appropriate, will also collaborate across divisions and government affairs teams on the ground. A successful candidate will provide support to regional commercial teams and will drive alignment with editorial and analytics teams in the region. Responsibilities:
- Drive adoption of Platts benchmarks in key markets through impactful meetings with key customers, focusing on strategic benchmark initiatives agreed by commercial and content leadership teams
- Develop key relationships with strategic customers and influencers in the APAC and Middle East regions, utilizing these relationships for the wider benefit of Platts
- Understand existing and evolving customer needs, conduct research and stay informed on market developments
- Ensure that market opportunities and competitive threats are appropriately cascaded to relevant teams
- Support other relevant activities that help embed Platts benchmarks in customer workflows; provide strategic input on how to evolve some key influencer relationships as required
- Attend relevant cross functional initiatives and represent commercial benchmark advocacy view, provide subject matter view when required
- Act as an execution lead on relevant strategic projects when required
S&P Global Platts
- Expert knowledge of commodity markets and benchmarks
- Extensive knowledge of market segments and clients Platts serve
- Strong familiarity with the APAC and the Middle East regions
- Solid track record in engaging clients or market stakeholders, ability to engage with the most senior internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and influencing skills
- Strategic mindset with strong analytical and problem-solving skills anchored by a willingness to learn
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives
- Mandarin or Arabic language skills are a strong advantage in this role
- Ability to travel when travel is safe
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
262916 Posted On: