Director, Risk Intelligence
Company & Team - "About Us"
Our country risk intelligence and macro-economic forecasting is used by senior executives within multinational corporations and governments to underpin critical strategic decisions. The IHS Markit Risk Intelligence offering specifically supports the work flow of persona's focused on managing external risk - such as corporate security, compliance and risk management. For example, we deliver our Country Risk insights to inform strategic security decisions for corporate security teams, our integrated analysis of external risks informs enterprise wide risk management practices and informs risk mitigation processes.
We are uniquely placed in this space as we have one of the most developed Economics and Country risk research and consulting teams in the market and our lead analysts frequently brief Chief Security Officers and Chief Risk Officers across capital intensive industries and financial services.
Our Sales team in APAC works closely with the 300+ researchers, 30+ product management team and 40+ Consultants in the Economics and Country Risk group to add value to our customers' strategic planning and risk management processes. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit ECR Sales team in APAC and will drive new business sales into new and existing risk intelligence clients.
Key responsibilities include:
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Meeting or exceeding monthly new business goals and driving new customer leads through cold approaches, social selling and coordinated campaign outreach
- Employing a solution-based sales methodology to best align Economics & Country Risk's capabilities with prospect needs
- Providing timely and accurate insight to your pipeline leading to accurate forecasts
- Representing and promoting the company and business line to senior executives both internally and externally
- Developing a strong understanding of the value proposition for our offerings as it relates to the corporate security and risk management market
Key Qualifications and Skills:
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- 5+ years of sales experience. This should include experience of working in a strategic account management role or a complex business development role. Proven track record of selling complex high-value solutions involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience of selling into Corporate accounts across sectors and/or Financial Services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications to risk persona
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective internal and external relationships
- Experience selling information services (research, data, consulting)
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in order to conduct face to face meetings or attend industry conferences (restrictions allowing)
- Bachelor's degree minimum
- Desired: ability to speak a second language in addition to English
- Strong client base and broad product line
- On target commission plan with uncapped earnings potential
- Excellent team culture within core Sales team but also wider commercial and research groups
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Options to work from home
- Exposure to the wider IHS Markit community with options for onward movement over time
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.