Director, Product Sales - Cross Border Sales
The Salesperson is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Recognized subject matter expert within one area. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Is an acknowledged authority both within and outside area of expertise. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication is typically required. Provides advanced judgment and conducts in-depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions. Required to think beyond existing solutions, assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas. Significant impact on a function and/or the business through making decisions that determine technical approaches and strategies for the area. Responsibilities:
- Develop the Citi franchise with specific client base
- Refine and implement a sales and marketing strategy aiming at substantially improving Citi's client footprint and maximizing associated revenue
- Work with management and colleagues to establish a clear marketing plan with defined priorities and market penetration and revenue goals
- Ability to leverage existing contacts network, understand client needs, introduce the Citi offering, convince clients to adopt it and increase client satisfaction and Citi revenue
- On-boarding and prospecting key clients
- Assist other team members in strategic positioning as well as to close transactions with various internal stakeholders
- Improved footprint with the client base - which should translate into incremental sales credit and trading revenues for the various relevant trading desks
- Thorough product and clients knowledge with relevant products and client base
- Should be able to forge a trusted relationship with other salespeople in order to be able to leverage Citi's franchise and source relevant buying and selling opportunities for the clients the person is responsible for
- Broadened responsibilities either across client types or products in the region or even across other regions
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; demonstrating proper consideration for the firm's reputation.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi's Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ years of experience, including 8-10+ years' managerial experience
- Prior Sales experience at a financial services organization
- Broad client relationships preferred
- Experience in a client facing role working with the buy-side community
- Self-Motivated, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Must have or be able to obtain licenses required, Series 3, 7, 55, 63
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Position Objective:
The key objective of this role is to drive the Markets FX Partnership revenue growth for Asia through enabling the wider Asia TTS Sales force to identify and execute to their pipeline. This will include building and driving an APAC Markets FX Sales strategy by identifying growth countries; client segments; ecosystem flows to allow for accelerated identification and conversion of new cross-border payments leads across client segments, including Corporate, Public Sector and Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFI) and CCB.
The role is strategically important to the growth of the Core Cash revenue for 2020 with the renewed focus on increasing fee growth and capturing cross border, cross currency flows to create sustainable, annuity revenue in TTS. The role will also involve reporting to the APAC Cross Border Payments Product Head; the APAC Markets & Securities team and a dotted line to the Global Cross Border Sales Head. The individual will also be responsible for the Market Management of the Markets FX partnership in terms of building the right solution packages to drive the growth agenda and acting as the Voice of the Client to ensure Product Development is aligned with market dynamics. They will drive the TTS & Markets partnership in Collaboration with Product and Markets, a collaboration designed to bring world class solutions to clients, building on Citi's market leading FX expertise and TTS global network capabilities.
Combining the technical solutioning and selling skills of Product Sales, with the responsibility to assist client facing teams (TTS Solution Sales, Banking/GSG) with target identification and new business origination, this Sales Specialist role will work as part of the broader TTS Product Sales team. It will have a specific focus on capturing additional cross-border payments and receivables flows, leveraging all our capabilities in this space, and focusing on flow aggregators across client segments. Key Responsibilities:
- Enable and work with the entire TTS Asia Sales team to identify, originate and win cross border payments mandates.
- Will be given a Wins and Pipeline target for the region and by country to ensure that every country has a clear strategy to exceed their Markets FX plan. Success metric is that each countries' pipeline and wins grow by a specific increment target
- Responsible for training of TTS Sales team on solution updates; new flows; and deal execution best practices
- Review account plans or other source data to identify sales opportunities, work with Sector Heads; Data Origination Head, Country Sales Heads, Markets and Solution Sales to support TTS Sales origination
- Develop and convert target list of underpenetrated names to actively focus on with a "Hunting License" for growing new cross border payments business though unsolicited bids
- Initially lead cross-border payments deals which may be simple to complex in nature, through a disciplined and high quality sales process ensuring end-to-end completeness, including solutioning, proposals, client pitches and pricing negotiation, recommending innovative cash management solutions that meet the clients' needs and objectives. Leadership in specific deals will be required until the knowledge sharing and sales execution is embedded in BAU execution
- Actively share with Market Management relevant new developments within the market and the competitive environment (interim will perform Market Management role for Cross Border Payments solutions in Asia)
- Attend regular team and sales management meetings to report on performance and to participate on a virtual Sales Specialist team/community across regions to share best practice
Work with Banking for clients where no TTS Solution Sales is assigned to drive TTS Sales results
Work closely with the regional Cross Border Payments team to develop innovative products and solutions to cater to evolving client needs and demands. Development Value:
- Opportunity to be part of a new strategic sales initiative that builds on two of Citi's market leading world class businesses: TTS & Markets
- Opportunity to further develop client sales relationship skills and attributes within the respective region and globally in a virtual team of cross-border flow product sales specialists
- Opportunity to focus on a key client segment to develop segment and sector expertise, with additional exposure to other client segments as you form part of the global, client agnostic specialist sales team
- Become an industry expert in all areas of International Cash Management techniques and solutions with a specific focus on capturing cross border, cross currency flows which is a core Citi differentiator given our global network, and an important client need given continuation of globalization and digitization trends
- Build a professional network within TTS across Sales, Product, Geography, Implementation Client Operations, Legal, and further extend across Banking/GSG and Markets
- Develop cross-sales skills for the wider TTS Product set
- Senior exposure within TTS Sales globally and regionally, as well as with the TTS & Markets FX Partnership Qualifications: Knowledge/Experience:
- Client facing experience and ability to execute transactions from idea generation, negotiating and closing
- Cash Management/ FX product knowledge and ability to develop cash management solutions
- Ability to identify cross-border flow aggregation opportunities
- Proven track record working in a TTS Sales environment
- Market and Industry knowledge and awareness
- Undergraduate Degree preferable
- Cash Management or FX certification preferable
- Experience working with global companies and diverse environments Skills:
- Analytical skills
- Numerical skills
- Effective sales and presentation skills
- CRM usage or experience (preferable)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to develop and build strong client sales relationships at a Senior level within the client organization
- Committed and trusted team player with keen focus on meeting deadlines and quality output
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and flexibility to perform lead/support on key transactions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Grade :All Job Level - All Job Functions ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .