Director, Jane’s Data Sales (APAC)
Jane's requires a senior Sales Colleague with data-services experience to join a growing, specialist global team. The role will be integrated into the APAC regional team, report to the Regional Sales Lead and be responsible to them for the sale of proprietary Jane's Defence-Domain (Structured) Data. Sales will be focused on a wide range of National Security, Government (B2C) and Defence Industry (B2B) clients, working closely with other Jane's Data SMEs and often in conjunction with Jane's Account Managers where necessary. The Jane's Data Sales role will be responsible for Jane's (Structured) Data business development, opportunity qualification and successful close.
The Jane's Data Sales Role will be responsible for a range of outcomes for the Regional Sales Lead, including the following key highlights:
- In conjunction with the Regional Sales Lead and Data SME colleagues, the rapid formation and maintenance of a targeted revenue-growth strategy and plan for propriety Jane's Defence-Domain (Structured) Data across APAC
- Successful execution of the approved business-development plan, in conjunction with the regional Data SME and Regional Account Managers as necessary, to nominated revenue targets.
- Leading senior engagement with both Government customers for direct (B2C) data sales and third-party Defence Industry organisations for either joint/collaborative (B2C) sales or (B2B) for the development of end-user-applications, for example, integrating Janes' Defence-Domain (Structured) Data.
- Publishing regular thought-leadership work pertinent to the value of data science and Jane's (Structured) Data and associated Defence Data Model through appropriate media channels and the delivery of key-note presentations at customer-facing events.
- Maintenance and delivery of accurate (CRM-based) Sales and Revenue forecasting, in line with extant Regional and Global Sales Governance processes and in conjunction with relevant Jane's Account Managers where necessary.
- Regular feedback to Jane's Product Management colleagues from customer engagements to ensure Jane's (Structured) Data and related products and services remain relevant and useful to our customers. The feedback responsibility extends into the Product and Service development processes to ensure the expert view of the Data Sales and SME colleagues is engaged in the evaluation of Jane's future capabilities.
The following are the key attributes and experience required for a successful candidate for this role:
- Proven successful track record in senior sales engagements in the Government and National Security arena to enable a fast transition into this vital sales role.
- Strong working knowledge of the contemporary developments in data analytics, engineering and modelling specialties to underpin your understanding of customer challenges and how to develop the necessary value propositions around Jane's (Structured) Data.
- Familiarity with Government and National Security Intelligence Processes, especially in the 'C4ISR' capability areas, and an understanding of the generic challenges faced by analysts.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills, with English as a mandatory requirement and other regional language skills seen as a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of legal environment in the region, follows direction from legal counsel on contract terms and conditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and be persuasive
- Understanding of consultative selling techniques, able to close deals and build relationships.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and to work autonomously as an individual contributor: self-driven and self-directed.
- Comfortable working in a highly complex and fast paced organization
- Good computer & MS Office skills with ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Experience with the management of sales pipeline through CRM tool
- Ability to conduct a business conversation in local languages of APAC is a plus
- Ability to communicate client/prospect needs to analyst teams
- Ability to interact with and sell to senior level management
- Working level ability in English, including proficient business writing
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.