Director, IT Core Systems Delivery
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future.
Singtel are at the leading edge of technology development to improve the experience of our customers as they consume services across mobile, voice and data infrastructure, managed services, cloud computing, IT services and professional consulting. To support that journey, we are searching for top talent and have an exciting opportunity for a Director - IT Core System Delivery to strengthen our team.
As our Delivery Director for IT Core systems, will be responsible for a list of BSS/OSS applications, performing enhancements including both business change requests as well as production defect fixes, and manage project and program delivery to deliver new business capabilities. Business capabilities will be in telco and non-telco space as Singtel moves to new Digital business.
This role demands strong technical leadership with in-depth of telecommunications and IT technical expertise, as well as strong business management skills to ensure prioritisation and delivery of IT capabilities translating to maximum business values. The role covers Digitalisation of core services and onboarding new capabilities onto the Digital Core Architecture framework. Candidate Key Responsibilities
Ideal candidate must have
- Responsible for leading, directing and managing squads, in close collaboration with business units, to meet the demand of each business unit, with objective of either to increase revenue/defecting competition, or to streamline operations and reduce cost.
- Must be able to present, partner with and influence Executive Management (Director, VP and C level) from both IT and Business.
- Responsible for the following portfolios (Release Management, E2E Solutions, Application portfolio Management)
- Have exceptional presentation skills catered for Snr Business and IT management
- Manage supply of resource volume and skillset based on demand
- Establish and manage the outsourcing processes and mechanism to achieve cost effective solutions from vendors
- Ensure program/project delivery in accordance with Singtel/Optus IT strategic standards
- Maintains and forms alliances with recognized experts and with decision makers.
- Design and implement controls and govern across the portfolio (financial, risk, issues, and change) to manage and govern the budget for outsourced services and Business initiatives.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Mobilizes others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty.
- Develop and grow a high-performance culture
- Tertiary education with Degree in Computer Science, IT, software or computer engineering fields or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of relevant IT experience with 5 years of management in Telco and Digital
- 7+ years' experience in IT architecture and / or delivery
- Managed delivery / architecture & design teams > 10 staff
- Strong experience in managing multiple business stakeholders and vendors
- Strong commercial background understanding the cost components involved for IT solutions and delivery
- Experience in communicating and influencing at senior management and executive level
- Strong understanding of architectural principles and industry standards
- Delivery Experience in a complex and high pressure environment
- Strong vendor management experience with successful track record of driving to an outcome
- Knowledge of telecommunication systems, technical and engineering concepts as well as business operations and processes.
- Ability to keep abreast of the new technologies with a view of implementing them to increase productivity and efficiency of the organization.
- Demonstrable background in the design, implementation, measurement and tracking of operational key performance indicators
- Detailed understanding of the end-to-end software life cycle, operational and support procedures and processes
- Proven track record of conceptual / strategic thinking ability
- Possess excellent communication, collaboration, presenting and influencing skills, particularly in liaison with internal & external service providers and senior leadership
- Display leadership in action - self-directed and motivated; able to influence team to achieve project milestones
- Strong analytical skills , meticulous, energetic, innovative , able to work well in a team and under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills, resourceful, take ownership, able to conceptualize, ability to motivate and build high performing team
- Ability to generate creative solutions for work situations, encourage and embrace new and untested approaches
- Display a disciplined but flexible approach to problem solving
If this description is exciting and you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a difference, then please follow the link to apply. For more information on this and other opportunities please refer to our careers portal under https://groupcareers.singtel.com . Let's shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change. Note to Recruitment Agencies
In sourcing for candidates for particular roles, the Singtel Group works only with a panel of selected recruitment agencies expressly engaged under written agreements. Even then, these agencies are only activated from time to time for specific recruitment exercises for particular roles under instructions expressly issued by a member of the Singtel Talent Acquisition team.
Except under such circumstances, no agency shall source or attempt to source any candidates for the Singtel Group. The Singtel Group will not pay nor be obliged or liable to pay any recruitment fees of any kind whatsoever to any agency where candidate CVs are submitted to the Singtel Group by such agency on an unsolicited or speculative basis.
The Singtel Group reserves all rights to directly contact any candidate to which such CVs relate without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agency concerned (including without limitation any obligation or liability to pay any recruitment fees of any kind).